Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BOA interest/Debt reduction program

tag
Creditspa
Valued Member

BOA interest/Debt reduction program

If one enters into an in-house Credit Card Company interest reduction program,  in order to aggressively pay off CC debt, will that blacklist you from ever obtaining another card, or get you back in good grace with them? I just fininsh paying off a BOA card like like and was wondering if this is the case. I closed the account and eter into this program when I over entended myself when I got laid off three years ago. I paid off a $11k debt in in that time.

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
pizzadude
Credit Mentor

Re: BOA interest/Debt reduction program

@Creditspa wrote:

If one enters into an in-house Credit Card Company interest reduction program,  in order to aggressively pay off CC debt, will that blacklist you from ever obtaining another card, or get you back in good grace with them? I just fininsh paying off a BOA card like like and was wondering if this is the case. I closed the account and eter into this program when I over entended myself when I got laid off three years ago. I paid off a $11k debt in in that time.

I don't know specifics about BofA but I wouldn't think you would be blacklisted.   Did you pay in full ?  How does the account show on your credit reports, was it reported as charged~off or late ?

March2010 FICO® ~ 695 TU, 653 EQ, 697 EX
Message 2 of 3
Creditspa
Valued Member

Re: BOA interest/Debt reduction program

@pizzadude wrote:

@Creditspa wrote:

I don't know specifics about BofA but I wouldn't think you would be blacklisted.   Did you pay in full ?  How does the account show on your credit reports, was it reported as charged~off or late ?

I hope you're right! The account is reported as "Paid as agreed". And yes it's PIF

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.