Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BOA loves giving people the run around

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

BOA loves giving people the run around

Well  I have had an credit cardit with BOA since May '08 the CL was 500 the card is secured but I NEVER paid or gave an despoit only the 59 dollar annual fee I have been trying to get a CLI with them and no luck! I called today to see what they can do for me you know what this women tells me???OH due to the ecomony we are not giving or granting any credit line increases at this time. Then I tried too do a product change..flat out DENIAL  then they give me like 3 different numbers to call to see if i can get my card to be unsecured now my credit score on EQ677 and Transunion 691 dont know the score for experian but the report is the same as the other ones so i know the numbers can't be off too far Its too the point where the lil bit a balance I have on there I am just going to pay it off oh btw the balance is only 32.00 and tell them to stick that card where the sun doesnt shine!!!! you try and try too build your credit in good standing and somebody tellin you it still isnt good enough ..also have 3 other credit cards in good standing ULT is low i have a car payment never late  one collection on my account which has been paid in full since 04 and due too fall off in July ...

Frustrated...

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
DI
Super Contributor

Re: BOA loves giving people the run around

Misskiyota

I understand your frustration.  I certainly can relate to what you're saying.  When BOA says it's not giving CLI's it's a lie.  The best thing to do is pay off what ever balance you have on all your cards to raise your FICO scores higher.  If you have any negatives reporting, try to clean those up too.  After you see a significant score increase, try app'ing for cards with banks that will appreciate your business and good credit.  

Message Edited by DI on 01-18-2010 09:00 PM
Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks! DI

I know they stil giving CLI because people on here are getting them left right and sideways buts its too the point I dont even care anymore ! I cleaned up all negatives 

On my CR so all I have is time but apparently isnt good enough for them I starting too think it's personal !

Message 3 of 6
DI
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Thanks! DI

I know they stil giving CLI because people on here are getting them left right and sideways buts its too the point I dont even care anymore ! I cleaned up all negatives 

On my CR so all I have is time but apparently isnt good enough for them I starting too think it's personal !

That's how I feel about Capital One.  I don't even think about getting a CLI with them anymore.  

Message 4 of 6
creditwherecreditisdue
Senior Contributor

If they say the card is a secured card then they consider it secured - whether you paid in a deposit or not. If you push too hard on BofA these days you might just end up with a closed account for your efforts. Best to tread very lightly.
Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yea i know that but If they close it then oh well they close it its not the end of the world for me !!!!. The point i was trying to make was they giving me the run  around with 3 different numbers too call to get it unsecured Just like i stated in my post I am too the point I am going to pay the lil bit of balance I do owe and close it myself I come too the point its really not that serious I Brought me a house and have a car  so if push comes to shove ill go too the CU and get me a CC BOA and stick it !
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.