Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BOA low SL Question!!!

tag
Nova5041
Frequent Contributor

BOA low SL Question!!!

Only applied, due to them sending me an preselected letter i received with an apr of 16.24% and 0% for 18 months. I only applied due to the set apr in the letter. Didnt receive an instant response, but an email a few days later stating my card was being sent. I recieved the card and my limit is a whopping $500. I dont even have a card less that 5k, so I don't even understand why they would give me such a useless limit. I do admit my uti is at 39% due to some unexpected home repairs, but i would have rather them deny me than to give me such a low limit. Should I call and request a higher limit or should i just use it for small purchases and wait a few months and ask? Thanks

BK 7 Discharged: 5/30/2018
Fico Scores after Discharge: Experian-552 TransUnion- 490 Equifax- 571
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
HeavenOhio
Senior Contributor

Re: BOA low SL Question!!!

Can you simply decline the card?

Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: BOA low SL Question!!!

Well, I've heard BOFA grows well. You already took the HP and there isn't an annual fee. So you could try calling and seeing if they would reconsider the starting line. Otherwise just use it a bit each month until you can get a CLI.
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.