Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BOA or Target Visa?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

BOA or Target Visa?

Which is a better card, better approvals, higher CLs?

Efax is best with 725 and a ready to drop off Cap1 CO

TU for some reason is 40 points lower it has a 4 1/2 year old unpaid Cell Phone Collection.

Experian somewhere in between.

For what it is worth, BOA also sent me a pre-approved Platinum Plus in the mail, my first pre-approved offer ever.

Also online for first time they pre-approved me.
Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Re: BOA or Target Visa?

BofA by far!
Message 2 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Creditaddict wrote:
BofA by far!

Just did BoFA, using a pre-approval code I got in the mail.

Got the dreaded '30 Day Notice'.

If they pulled Exp probably just around 700 with a couple older baddies (Ballys), if Efx pretty golden at 725 and an about to fall off Cap1 CO
Message 3 of 13
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

thats common, call the backdoor number and talk to credit, they will finish processing app right now.
Message 4 of 13
TangMeister
Frequent Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

TU for some reason is 40 points lower it has a 4 1/2 year old unpaid Cell Phone Collection.

For what it is worth, BOA also sent me a pre-approved Platinum Plus in the mail, my first pre-approved offer ever.

BoA by far. You applied to the right one. More than likely, you'll get a $200-$500 store card with Target...not their Visa...which seems to be what you're wanting?

Target pulled Equifax on me.

Good luck with the BoA approval!
Message 5 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

@TangMeister wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

BoA by far. You applied to the right one. More than likely, you'll get a $200-$500 store card with Target...not their Visa...which seems to be what you're wanting?

Not necessarily.....BOA gave me a $2500 limit while Target gave me a $6000 Visa in the same month. BOA did give me a much better APR than Target but APR doesn't matter to me that much because I pay in full. My scores were in the the mid 700's at the time so.....YMMV.
Message 6 of 13
spiritcraft1
Valued Contributor

With EQ being your best...  you might try a credit union to establish a relationship.  Alliant treated me very well...  even with zero revolving history.

Biz |
Current F08 -
Current 2,4,5 -
Current F09 -
No PG Biz Credit in Order of Approval - Uline, Quill, Grainger, SupplyWorks, MSC, Amsterdam, Citi Tractor Supply Rev .8k, NewEgg Net 30 10k, Richelieu 2k, Wurth Supply 2k, Global Ind 2k, Sam's Club Store 11.k, Shell Fleet 19.5k, Citi Exxon 2.5k, Dell Biz Revolving $15k, B&H Photo, $5k

Message 7 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

I applied for a BOA Visa 2 weeks ago - got the 30 day message. Yesterday, I noticed a TU pull by BOA and today I logged into my online banking and there was the new Visa account!  So, I think 30 day message is not that bad.  I think my scores were a bit lower than yours when I applied too.

I applied for a few store cards about the same time as the BOA card and was denied by Walmart and Target for too many inquiries/short credit history.

Message Edited by siangirl34 on 08-29-2008 04:32 PM
Message 8 of 13
TangMeister
Frequent Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@TangMeister wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Not necessarily.....BOA gave me a $2500 limit while Target gave me a $6000 Visa in the same month. BOA did give me a much better APR than Target but APR doesn't matter to me that much because I pay in full. My scores were in the the mid 700's at the time so.....YMMV.

That is defnintely a great credit line from Target, but as you can see on numerous posts on here and that "other board" Smiley Wink ...extremely rare to get the Visa right off the mark, and very much a YMMV. FICOs don't seem to play into it as much as other cards. Mine was 768 when I app'd, but I think that's what got me the $500 vs. normal $200 starting CL. I did actually WANT the store card and stated it, though, when contacted for identity verification, but I still think I would've gotten the store card, because virtually everyone does. There are some really high CL gurus on here or the other board, who get the $200 or $300 red card as well. So, yes, yours is all the more amazing!

I still say BoA is the safe bet, and much more generous with CLIs down the road. But yes, very much YMMV as you've proven. I'll predict (safely) that your BoA CL surpasses your Target CL rather quickly, if all things remain steady and on good terms. Smiley Happy
Message 9 of 13
TangMeister
Frequent Contributor

@spiritcraft1 wrote:
With EQ being your best... you might try a credit union to establish a relationship. Alliant treated me very well... even with zero revolving history.

+1
Message 10 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.