Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BOA product change inquiry?

tag
ottergo4
Contributor

BOA product change inquiry?

Called this morning to change my platinum plus world points(just cashed in my points) to the 1-2-3- rewards and the csr said no problem. He didn't tell me, but I then asked if there would be an inquiry, and he came back and said that yes there would be. Asked him if he would double check, and again he said yes they would pull credit report. Thought I say on myfico here many times that there was no inquiry? Anyone's experience out there?          On a side note, if I really wanted the 1-2-3 and had to take an inquiry, I'd apply new and take the bonus. (don't want a new account right now though).

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
OhioCPA
Frequent Contributor

Re: BOA product change inquiry?

I have changed products with BOA at least three times and there has never been a hard inquiry associated with the PC.

________________________________________________________________________________
Message 2 of 7
ottergo4
Contributor

Said he say it right on the screen. Go up the chain?

Message 3 of 7
OhioCPA
Frequent Contributor

It might just be a soft inquiry. I wouldn't worry about it if you really want the card.

________________________________________________________________________________
Message 4 of 7
ottergo4
Contributor

Hope you're right. Will wait til regular business hours and try again.   Thanks Ohio.

Message 5 of 7
iDShaDoW
Regular Contributor

I was considering this exact same product change (World Points to 1-2-3) at some point too, please update us and let us know how it goes.

I did a product change with Capital One and there was no hard inquiry (even though I don't really use their CC; I just have my primary checking account with them).

Message 6 of 7
HiLine
Blogger

Product changes do not lead to hard inquiries. Period.

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.