Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BOA restored my credit line.

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

BOA restored my credit line.

The only adverse action I've suffered in this "credit crisis" is choppage to my BOA platinum select visa. It was cut from 25K to 10,500 in February of 2009. When I called to inquire, the rep told me that my credit profile was excellent,  and acknowledged that I had minimal debt, as well as the income to support the tradeline, but they simply could not restore my limit. So I sockdrawered the card, and took it out once per month to buy a coke at Mcdonalds to keep it active. I didin't take it personally, as I have no CC debt, and spotless credit. I thought other creditors would follow suit as a sign of the times....thus far, nobody else has (yet)

Fast forward to today. I log into my account online to see that my credit limit is back to 25K. I hadn't made any further requests for the limit to be restored, as I really didin't need it. I also have not given this card any real usage either. BOA is an odd beast for sure.Smiley Happy

Check your accounts. You too may find that your credit line magically re-appears, as mind did.

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
creditwherecreditisdue
Senior Contributor

Re: BOA restored my credit line.

Congrats!

This emphasizes the importance of questioning all AA. There have been several stories regarding reversals of AA, particularly by BofA and Chase. Picking up the phone and making the call (or filing an official complaint when justified) - then waiting is the route to go. Closing the account to "spite" the issuer accomplishes nothing positive for you, and the issuer couldn't care less.

Nice job!

Message 2 of 4
Established Contributor

Congratulations!

Very interesting account of the events regarding your BOA CC. You point is well taken.

Have you had any APR AA from BOA?

Message Edited by plasticman on 09-09-2009 09:37 AM
Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

@plasticman wrote:

Congratulations!

Very interesting account of the events regarding your BOA CC. You point is well taken.

Have you had any APR AA from BOA?

Message Edited by plasticman on 09-09-2009 09:37 AM

My APR is at 11.99% This is a definite increase from where it used to be. In all honesty, I don't pay much attention to the APR's since I PIF.Smiley Happy

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.