leoment
Frequent Contributor

Re: BOA reward bonus

@flyingpenguin wrote:

@sengpatt wrote:

@FutureBillionaire wrote:

@sengpatt wrote:

I would recommend it.

In addition to 1.5% on everything, you get 3% on flights booked through the BofA Travel Center, whose prices, to my knowledge, are pretty close to other travel websites (Kayak, etc.). If you have a BofA checking account you get an additional 10% bonus on redeemed points, bringing those percentages to 1.65% and 3.3%, respectively. There's also the combination of no AF, EMV chip, and no FTF. It might be nice to not have to worry about Amex acceptance at places where you shop as well.

All in all, it was certainly enough to get me to PC. Smiley Happy

I will probably give it a shot also.  I don't want checking accounts with them though.  Don't they have balance requirements?

It looks like their eBanking checking accounts are free, but if you want to have actual in-branch service the minimum balance of $1500 or a monthly direct deposit of at least $250. Luckily, I got in while they still had CampusEdge checking accounts with no fees for college students. Who knows how long that will last though haha

I went in to a BofA the other day and the rep told me that a CampusEdge account will convert to a MyAccess checking account 4 years after opening, FYI. 

I'm also getting my BofA card PC'd to a Travel Rewards. I wish it didn't take so darn long! haha. I hope I can get in on this deal too.

@flyingpenguin wrote:

@sengpatt wrote:

@sengpatt wrote:

I would recommend it.

In addition to 1.5% on everything, you get 3% on flights booked through the BofA Travel Center, whose prices, to my knowledge, are pretty close to other travel websites (Kayak, etc.). If you have a BofA checking account you get an additional 10% bonus on redeemed points, bringing those percentages to 1.65% and 3.3%, respectively. There's also the combination of no AF, EMV chip, and no FTF. It might be nice to not have to worry about Amex acceptance at places where you shop as well.

All in all, it was certainly enough to get me to PC. Smiley Happy

I will probably give it a shot also.  I don't want checking accounts with them though.  Don't they have balance requirements?

It looks like their eBanking checking accounts are free, but if you want to have actual in-branch service the minimum balance of $1500 or a monthly direct deposit of at least $250. Luckily, I got in while they still had CampusEdge checking accounts with no fees for college students. Who knows how long that will last though haha

I went in to a BofA the other day and the rep told me that a CampusEdge account will convert to a MyAccess checking account 4 years after opening, FYI. 

I'm also getting my BofA card PC'd to a Travel Rewards. I wish it didn't take so darn long! haha. I hope I can get in on this deal too.

Yikes!  That means my acct will be converted this year if true!  I haven't received a notice or anything yet though.  I wonder if they will waive the fee if I'm joint on a Platinum Privilege acct. though - I'll have to find out. 

800+ across all three (via FAKOs) has been achieved! Current goal - Get down to 6 cards in total - sitting with 8 currently.
Message 11 of 14
stone
Regular Contributor

I have a BankAmericard Cash Rewards cc more than one year, the offer I got at the time i apply this card is not good, 1% on everything and 25% bonus if redeem $300, nothing else.

I am consider PC it to another card, but I already accumulate $180 reward cash, what is my move now?

Message 12 of 14
FutureBillionaire
Established Contributor

@bs6054 wrote:

Just signed up for this:

You have successfully activated the 5% cash back offer. Now simply use your credit card for these qualifying everyday purchases and earn 5% cash back (up to $25) through March 31, 2013:

Gas Stations • Grocery Stores • Drug Stores • Restaurants

What does "up to $25" refer to?  Is that the total benefit you can gain (by spending $500 in those categories)?  You already have Penfed for 5% Gas, and BCP for 6% Grocery, Cash Plus + Forward for 5-6.25 restaurants, so what's the gain?  I guess 500 on drug stores?

I don't have my cash + set up for Restaurants right now.  I like to spread my spending between paychecks so that I keep alot of money in my checking account throughout the month.  It works well for me.

Gas: Discover It, Penfed Platinum Rewards x2, Chase freedom, Citi TYP
Plane tickets: CSP
Groceries: AMEX BCP, Penfed Platinum Rewards,Citi TYP
Clothes: Express, Amex BCP, Discover IT
Amazon: Citi Forward, Cash +
Restaurants: Citi Forward, Chase Freedom, Discover IT, CSP
Hotels and other travel: Discover Escape, CSP
Movies: BofA travel rewards visa signature(fandango), Discover IT, Citi Forward, Freedom
Bars, clubs, tomfoolery: CSP, Citi Forward, Discover IT, Freedom
Balance transfers: Kroger 123 rewards
Bill Pay: Chase Ink Plus, Citi Forward,
Everyday spending: Bofa Accelerated cash rewards amex, Discover Escape
Message 13 of 14
bs6054
Valued Contributor

@bs6054 wrote:

Just signed up for this:

You have successfully activated the 5% cash back offer. Now simply use your credit card for these qualifying everyday purchases and earn 5% cash back (up to $25) through March 31, 2013:

Gas Stations • Grocery Stores • Drug Stores • Restaurants

What does "up to $25" refer to?  Is that the total benefit you can gain (by spending $500 in those categories)?  You already have Penfed for 5% Gas, and BCP for 6% Grocery, Cash Plus + Forward for 5-6.25 restaurants, so what's the gain?  I guess 500 on drug stores?

I don't have my cash + set up for Restaurants right now.  I like to spread my spending between paychecks so that I keep alot of money in my checking account throughout the month.  It works well for me.

OK (you still have forward of course!)  But just checking that the total maximum benefit is $25 over 3 months?  Didn't quite get the excitement!

Message 14 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.