Highlighted
Contributor

BOA says next account review on 3/5/13

[ Edited ]

Anyone else hear of this? I just requested a PC from non rewards Visa to Accelerated Rewards Amex ( for Costco shopping) and also asked about APR and CL. Response I got was that they periodically evaluate accounts and mine is up for a look on 3/5. Think they are pulling my chain or has this happened to others? BOA is my lowest limit good card @ $2500 and APR is like 20.99%. I pretty much PIF all the time so Apr is no big deal. Anyway just seeing how many have heard this before. I'd like to save a hard pull for something other than a cli on this card.

Thanks

Fico scores TU 835 EQ 817 EX 821
Established Contributor

Re: BOA says next account review on 3/5/13

Can you tell me how you found out the date was it from online chat or over the phone because I'm curious when my next review is. I just paid off a almost 1500 balance and was hoping then they'd give me a credit increase
Wallet: Barclay-5k, Citadel MC- 5k, Slate- 4k, Freedom- 3k, BOA- 3k, Citi- 2k, AMEXBCE- 2k and more...
Contributor

Online secure message. It was a circus pc'ing through message but finally I think it got done. Last rep gave me the date
Established Contributor

Yeah I recently just pc'd from a normal bank americard to the rewards.. I was told I have to have it open at least 6 months to garner a CLI request .. So April it is I guess
Wallet: Barclay-5k, Citadel MC- 5k, Slate- 4k, Freedom- 3k, BOA- 3k, Citi- 2k, AMEXBCE- 2k and more...
Contributor

Call the back door number and you should be able to product change as well as get your CL increased. My priviliges card is only one month old I got CL increased yesterday

Frequent Contributor

But if they periodically review accounts and they are going to review yours on a certain, it wouldn't be a hard pull, would it?  

Barclays USAir World MC $8300 - DCU $7500 - USAA World MC $7000 - PayPal Extras MC (GE) $5500 - Chase Saphire Preferred $5000 - Discover It $6000 - Barclays Sallie May $2700 - Chase Freedom $1000 - Capital One $8500 (business) - store cards ranging from $500-$9500
Contributor

kimmiller112 wrote:

But if they periodically review accounts and they are going to review yours on a certain, it wouldn't be a hard pull, would it?  

That's what I figure. I just haven't seen too many people say that BOA has given them a decent auto CLI or lowered APR's. I am going to wait until that date and for the PC to be finished and see what happens. That's what I meant about saving the HP for something else, like a new card Smiley Tongue

Established Member

I called in once before (almost a year ago) to see if I could get a 0% interest promo for 6 months or a year and I was told something similar.  Maybe they do have some sort of policy/procedure like that, but it may be possible to work around it by calling a backdoor number like someonelse suggested.

Advertiser Disclosure: The listings that appear on myFICO are from companies from which myFICO receives compensation, which may impact how and where products appear on myFICO (including, for example, the order in which they appear). myFICO does not review or include all companies or all available products.
† Credit cards for FICO Score ranges: The score ranges are guidelines based on actual applicant approvals and having a FICO Score in a particular range does not guarantee you will be approved for credit cards recommended in that range.

Copyright ©2001-2015 Fair Isaac Corporation. All rights reserved.   | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Sitemap

IMPORTANT INFORMATION: All FICO® Score products made available on myFICO.com include a FICO® Score 8, along with additional FICO® Score versions. Your lender or insurer may use a different FICO® Score than the versions you receive from myFICO, or another type of credit score altogether. Learn more

FICO, myFICO, Score Watch, The score lenders use, and The Score That Matters are trademarks or registered trademarks of Fair Isaac Corporation. Equifax Credit Report is a trademark of Equifax, Inc. and its affiliated companies. Many factors affect your FICO Score and the interest rates you may receive. Fair Isaac is not a credit repair organization as defined under federal or state law, including the Credit Repair Organizations Act. Fair Isaac does not provide "credit repair" services or advice or assistance regarding "rebuilding" or "improving" your credit record, credit history or credit rating. FTC's website on credit.