Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BOA says next account review on 3/5/13

tag
akabigo
Contributor

BOA says next account review on 3/5/13

Anyone else hear of this? I just requested a PC from non rewards Visa to Accelerated Rewards Amex ( for Costco shopping) and also asked about APR and CL. Response I got was that they periodically evaluate accounts and mine is up for a look on 3/5. Think they are pulling my chain or has this happened to others? BOA is my lowest limit good card @ $2500 and APR is like 20.99%. I pretty much PIF all the time so Apr is no big deal. Anyway just seeing how many have heard this before. I'd like to save a hard pull for something other than a cli on this card.

Thanks

Fico scores 800+
Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
colindidit
Established Contributor

Re: BOA says next account review on 3/5/13

Can you tell me how you found out the date was it from online chat or over the phone because I'm curious when my next review is. I just paid off a almost 1500 balance and was hoping then they'd give me a credit increase
Wallet: Barclay-5k, Citadel MC- 5k, Slate- 4k, Freedom- 3k, BOA- 3k, Citi- 2k, AMEXBCE- 2k and more...
Message 2 of 8
akabigo
Contributor

Online secure message. It was a circus pc'ing through message but finally I think it got done. Last rep gave me the date
Fico scores 800+
Message 3 of 8
colindidit
Established Contributor

Yeah I recently just pc'd from a normal bank americard to the rewards.. I was told I have to have it open at least 6 months to garner a CLI request .. So April it is I guess
Wallet: Barclay-5k, Citadel MC- 5k, Slate- 4k, Freedom- 3k, BOA- 3k, Citi- 2k, AMEXBCE- 2k and more...
Message 4 of 8
scottykhan
Contributor

Call the back door number and you should be able to product change as well as get your CL increased. My priviliges card is only one month old I got CL increased yesterday

Message 5 of 8
kimmiller112
Frequent Contributor

But if they periodically review accounts and they are going to review yours on a certain, it wouldn't be a hard pull, would it?  

Barclays USAir World MC $8300 - DCU $7500 - USAA World MC $7000 - PayPal Extras MC (GE) $5500 - Chase Saphire Preferred $5000 - Discover It $6000 - Barclays Sallie May $2700 - Chase Freedom $1000 - Capital One $8500 (business) - store cards ranging from $500-$9500
Message 6 of 8
akabigo
Contributor

@kimmiller112 wrote:

But if they periodically review accounts and they are going to review yours on a certain, it wouldn't be a hard pull, would it?  

That's what I figure. I just haven't seen too many people say that BOA has given them a decent auto CLI or lowered APR's. I am going to wait until that date and for the PC to be finished and see what happens. That's what I meant about saving the HP for something else, like a new card Smiley Tongue

Fico scores 800+
Message 7 of 8
Jahmakan
Valued Member

I called in once before (almost a year ago) to see if I could get a 0% interest promo for 6 months or a year and I was told something similar.  Maybe they do have some sort of policy/procedure like that, but it may be possible to work around it by calling a backdoor number like someonelse suggested.

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.