Contributor
akabigo

BOA says next account review on 3/5/13

[ Edited ]

Anyone else hear of this? I just requested a PC from non rewards Visa to Accelerated Rewards Amex ( for Costco shopping) and also asked about APR and CL. Response I got was that they periodically evaluate accounts and mine is up for a look on 3/5. Think they are pulling my chain or has this happened to others? BOA is my lowest limit good card @ $2500 and APR is like 20.99%. I pretty much PIF all the time so Apr is no big deal. Anyway just seeing how many have heard this before. I'd like to save a hard pull for something other than a cli on this card.

Thanks

The ole wallet~ BOA AMEX $10k | Discover IT $9k | AMEX TE $8.8k | Citi TY Pref $8k | Barclays Arrival WMC $7.5k | Paypal SC $5k | Dell $4k |Chase Feedom $3.5k | Amazon Store Card $2.5k | Citi Citgo $1.6k | Captial One QS $1.2k

Fico scores TU 814 EQ 806 EX ?
Established Contributor
colindidit

Re: BOA says next account review on 3/5/13

Can you tell me how you found out the date was it from online chat or over the phone because I'm curious when my next review is. I just paid off a almost 1500 balance and was hoping then they'd give me a credit increase
Wallet: Barclay-5k, Citadel MC- 5k, Slate- 4k, Freedom- 3k, BOA- 3k, Citi- 2k, AMEXBCE- 2k and more...
Contributor
akabigo

Online secure message. It was a circus pc'ing through message but finally I think it got done. Last rep gave me the date
The ole wallet~ BOA AMEX $10k | Discover IT $9k | AMEX TE $8.8k | Citi TY Pref $8k | Barclays Arrival WMC $7.5k | Paypal SC $5k | Dell $4k |Chase Feedom $3.5k | Amazon Store Card $2.5k | Citi Citgo $1.6k | Captial One QS $1.2k

Established Contributor
colindidit

Yeah I recently just pc'd from a normal bank americard to the rewards.. I was told I have to have it open at least 6 months to garner a CLI request .. So April it is I guess
Wallet: Barclay-5k, Citadel MC- 5k, Slate- 4k, Freedom- 3k, BOA- 3k, Citi- 2k, AMEXBCE- 2k and more...
Contributor
scottykhan

Call the back door number and you should be able to product change as well as get your CL increased. My priviliges card is only one month old I got CL increased yesterday

Frequent Contributor
kimmiller112

But if they periodically review accounts and they are going to review yours on a certain, it wouldn't be a hard pull, would it?  

Barclays USAir World MC $8300 - DCU $7500 - USAA World MC $7000 - PayPal Extras MC (GE) $5500 - Chase Saphire Preferred $5000 - Discover It $5000 - Barclays Sallie May $2700 - Chase Freedom $1000 - Capital One $8500 (business) - store cards ranging from $500-$9500
Contributor
akabigo

kimmiller112 wrote:

But if they periodically review accounts and they are going to review yours on a certain, it wouldn't be a hard pull, would it?  

That's what I figure. I just haven't seen too many people say that BOA has given them a decent auto CLI or lowered APR's. I am going to wait until that date and for the PC to be finished and see what happens. That's what I meant about saving the HP for something else, like a new card :smileytongue:

Established Member
Jahmakan

I called in once before (almost a year ago) to see if I could get a 0% interest promo for 6 months or a year and I was told something similar.  Maybe they do have some sort of policy/procedure like that, but it may be possible to work around it by calling a backdoor number like someonelse suggested.

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+