Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BOA secured became BOA Amex

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

BOA secured became BOA Amex

well, well, well !  finally, my secured boa card unsecured today with a cli of $500 my cl now is 7.5k

the bad news is it was a hard inq.i asked for a pc, was told to wait fo another 6 months !!! anyway im glad i m getting my money back ..but i have to find a way to get rid of the $29 AF to make it a real graduation : )

Message Edited by boamacy on 07-19-2009 10:41 AM
Message 1 of 21
20 REPLIES 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: BOA secured UPGRADE

Congrats! Mine went unsecured today to! I am also interested in the answer to your question.

Message 2 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats u will be getting a nice check back in the mail. My card unsecured a few months back i called back 2 weeks later an got a PC you don't have to wait 6 months.

Message 3 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

what pc did you get ?

was it another hard apart from the one you got when it unsecured ?

i d love to do a pc i just hate the af..the guy i talked to assured me that graduation is done with no hard so as soon as i ended the call i checked my report and bang one big hard from boa i thought the guy knew what he was talking about you know what i really want to dispute it......but not sure what would be the outcome nor how to do it ?

Message 4 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

what pc did you get ?

was it another hard apart from the one you got when it unsecured ?

i d love to do a pc i just hate the af..the guy i talked to assured me that graduation is done with no hard so as soon as i ended the call i checked my report and bang one big hard from boa i thought the guy knew what he was talking about you know what i really want to dispute it......but not sure what would be the outcome nor how to do it ?

Visa World Points I heard there is always a hard when you call to unsecure but if it auto unsacures it's a soft. There was no hard for the PC.
Message 5 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

thanks mjbfan79 ! 

did you use a backdoor # to get it done ? and how sure are you about the af being waived ? (i read a lot about pc's from secured cards that keep af) 

Message 6 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

thanks mjbfan79 ! 

did you use a backdoor # to get it done ? and how sure are you about the af being waived ? (i read a lot about pc's from secured cards that keep af) 

Not sure what number i called. I was told over the phone twice that my card no longer has a AF. My card will be one year old in August so i will find out for sure then.
Message 7 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

i hope this will work ! i just called again and talked to a nice credit analyst and said all he can do is submit my request for a pc and i ll get a final answer in 2 weeks...i dont know how good or bad this sounds but i ll wait and see ...i ll keep you updated hopefully good news !
Message 8 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
i hope this will work ! i just called again and talked to a nice credit analyst and said all he can do is submit my request for a pc and i ll get a final answer in 2 weeks...i dont know how good or bad this sounds but i ll wait and see ...i ll keep you updated hopefully good news !

When i called they did it right away i was told i would get my new card in the mail in about 3 weeks which i did. It's all about who u get on the phone when u call but good luck with that.

Message 9 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

10x mjbfan79 !

just about the AF you can find out if your card is af free by checking your online acct

click the tab " Services"

then  '' fees for this account "

what does it say ?

Message 10 of 21
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.