Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BOA secured became BOA Amex

tag
Tons_of_Debt
Established Contributor

Re: BOA secured UPGRADE

Called regular number as well and got them to do PC about a week after the unsecure. Congrats!!
08/01/2008 - 472 EQ; 523 TU; 454 EX
03/01/2009 - 574 EQ
08/08/2009 - 648 EQ
01/27/2010 - 671 EQ
07/04/2010 - 713 EQ
01/05/2011 - 730 EQ
05/14/16 - 762 EX
Message 11 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

10x mjbfan79 !

just about the AF you can find out if your card is af free by checking your online acct

click the tab " Services"

then  '' fees for this account "

what does it say ?

Why don't I have that tab? I seem to be missing alot of options online.Smiley Sad

Message 12 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

10x mjbfan79 !

just about the AF you can find out if your card is af free by checking your online acct

click the tab " Services"

then  '' fees for this account "

what does it say ?

Thx i just looked NO AF!
Message 13 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

well, well, well !  finally, my secured boa card unsecured today with a cli of $500 my cl now is 7.5k

the bad news is it was a hard inq.i asked for a pc, was told to wait fo another 6 months !!! anyway im glad i m getting my money back ..but i have to find a way to get rid of the $29 AF to make it a real graduation : )

Wow, $500 secured to $7500 unsecured is pretty nice.  Congrats!

Message 14 of 21
westo12
Established Contributor

boamacy - So your secured cc amount was $7k, then when they graduated you, they gave you $7500 unsecured?  If yes, that's good news.  I half expected them to say ok we are going to graduate you, but your new limit is less than the secured amount you had before. Smiley Happy
Chap7 discharge 07/2015
Fico 5/1/19: TR:650(73% util)
Cap1(Plat+QS) 3500+4500/Merrick 1600/Express 4100/Overstock 4900.
Message 15 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hey everyone

Sorry this might be a stupid question

but i just got my boa secured card graduated about a week ago and looking at this post eveyone refers to PC as something??

What exactly is PC stand for?

Thanks again

Message 16 of 21
PayingTheBills
Frequent Contributor

PC = Product Change

Starting Score: 540 EQ 517 TU on 11/17/08
Current Score: 668 EQ 726 TU
Goal Score: 760 EQ 760 TU

My Credit Repair Journal
Message 17 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

Almost 2 weeks now, called them for updates on my PC ..One idiot csr told me they do not do PC's anymore and offered me to split my current cl in a way that I keep my card and get another  1 with the PC I requested  !!!? I got pissed off and called the back door number, a credit analyst told me they still do PC's but in my case it would be impossible since my card just graduated ! Even made a remark about my high credit limit "too much for an newly unsecured card' .Son of a b*** !!

I just don't understand what the hell is wrong with boa I played their game with their rules, my card unsecured what do they want more ! I use their filthy card at least 50 to 60 times a month never late always pif never let a balance report over 9% uti..My scores are in their 739s ...what am I supposed to do to make them happy!

What's really pissing me off is he couldn't tell me at my face that my request is declined and says that its still up for review  and was trying to sell me their checking and savings acts...

I think, i ll keep the card till mid September get other cards elsewhere and close it before I get hit with the af .

Message 18 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

Should I expect any AA like a CLD ?
Message 19 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

Update! BOA secured UPGRADE

Finally got it done ! At least I hope so, I used all the back door #s I know, finally one of them worked they pulled my report 'soft' and was told that my request to convert my newly unsecured boa card to an Amex acc cash rewards is approved and that I ll get my card in a 5-7 days.

Message 20 of 21
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.