cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BOA secured card question hard inq question.

tag
TsuSurf
Contributor

BOA secured card question hard inq question.

I was approved for a secured card for 300 in the beginning of this month.  If I were to increase the credit limit with a deposit within this month would it be another hard pull?  Also i would like to open a checking account with them this month would that be a hard pull as well?  Thanks for any replies.

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
TsuSurf
Contributor

Re: BOA secured card question hard inq question.

Bump anyone.

Message 2 of 9
-Cain-
Valued Contributor

@jconvinced wrote:

I was approved for a secured card for 300 in the beginning of this month.  If I were to increase the credit limit with a deposit within this month would it be another hard pull?  Also i would like to open a checking account with them this month would that be a hard pull as well?  Thanks for any replies.

Requests for CLI are usually a HP, try backdoor and plead your case that it has been under 30 days, you may get a nice rep that will work with you. As for the checking account, I am not 100% sure that there would be a HP, but I don't think I had one when I opened my account. I can't say for sure as I had not found this site yet and was not as interested in those things.
Message 3 of 9
TsuSurf
Contributor

Thanks.  Anyone else have any replies.  I know a lot of people have BOA on here.

Message 4 of 9
injustifiiable
Valued Contributor

Checking accounts usually aren't a hard pull, just an inquiry with ChexSystems...business as usual.

Good luck!

Scores 5/15/2016 (clean reports!): TU Walmart FICO: 696 | EQ FICO: 679 | EX AMEX FICO: 680

In my new wallet: American Express Green EMV: PSL $2000 | BankAmericard Cash Rewards Visa EMV: $2500 | Citi AAdvantage Platinum Select World MasterCard: $6400 | Barclaycard Arrival World MasterCard: $1000 | Discover IT: $2500 | Amazon Rewards Visa Signature: $1500 | Chase Freedom: $1500 | Capital One QuicksilverOne MasterCard: $2100 | Target: $2800 | J.Crew $21,550 | Marvel (Captain America) MasterCard: $6000
Message 5 of 9
TsuSurf
Contributor

Thanks!

Message 6 of 9
Ron1
Super Contributor

I don't have the secured card. I heard they closed soneone's secured cards a couple of months ago. 

Ron.

Message 7 of 9
rootpooty
Valued Contributor

yes boa will hp you for you to add your own funds. let me say that again, you will get a hp if you up the limit on your card by using your own funds. i know this is the dumbest thing ever (credit wise) but ive called 3 times hoping i would be told otherwise and no go

NFCU plat 5k | NAVCHECK 5k | NFCU cashrewards 15k | BOFA 123 6k |
Chase Freedom 1.5k | Amazon 3K | Walmart 3K | Buckle 300 | AMEX BCE 2.5K | CHASE CSP 12K | CITI sears 6k | Kay 2k

On the prowl for Chase Sapphire Preferred! APPROVED 12K!
scores 7/14 647 622 630 (85%util)
scores 8/14 767 760 758 Boom! finally in the 700 club
Message 8 of 9
imandy
Valued Member

Yes they will HP you!!! They are an aweful company (good card though)

I called to graduate my card and they pulled hard on ALL 3 bureaus! That is ridiculous. No other company does that. I've added funds 5 times to my Capital One secured and they've never done so much as a SP

Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.