Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BOA secured credit card

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

BOA secured credit card

i applied for a mastercard BOA secured card at one of thier branches, but did not recieve any answer from them yet    over 2 weeks.....i have no credit at all, except a few inquieries in my credt history 6 of them all denied credit cards (capital one amex chase macys)
what can i do to finally get a credit card and establish credit ! i m so agravated
what r your suggestions guys! i m all ears.
Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: BOA secured credit card

Call and ask the status of your application.

BoA secured accounts 1-888-260-4696
Message 2 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

thanks a million!  but like to know what if i get denied what can i do then!!! 
Message 3 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

melmas wrote:

Do you have any baddies on your reports? I guess some background on why you have no credit may help steer you in the right direction.

Credit unions are a good place to start and will tend to help you get established if you have a relationship with them. Even if it is only a secured card to start with.

BoA may be a great  as they will help those with no history, from what I am reading here. If they deny, you could always call and ask them to reconsider.
Message 4 of 9
TangMeister
Frequent Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Do you have any baddies on your reports? I guess some background on why you have no credit may help steer you in the right direction.

Credit unions are a good place to start and will tend to help you get established if you have a relationship with them. Even if it is only a secured card to start with.

BoA may be a great  as they will help those with no history, from what I am reading here. If they deny, you could always call and ask them to reconsider.

Just want to share what happened to my best bud with BoA this past week.

BoA is a good Prime card lender, but beware if you have a BK, or an account "included in BK...i.e....IIB" on your report. They are NOT BK friendly! I read on here recently that some with BKs got approved for secured cards. So...I told my best friend about it, who had a CH 7 back in 2000, no baddies since, and actually had a couple BoA CCs prior to his BK that were paid and closed in good standing.

He didn't "need" the credit, but wanted back in with a prime lender (sick of Cap 1, etc...I guess). Well...he app'd, they gave a number to call, then they denied when he called due to the BK. He called back and asked for a reconsider...pointing out his prior relationship with them and flawless credit since his BK, and they still turned him down flat...no hesitation whatsoever from what he said. He was bummed about it and I was even more so for sort of nudging him into it. Smiley Sad

Sooo...if any of you have a BK listing, be prepared to NOT get any luv from BoA, no matter how high your FICOs are now! His FICO was around 725 on EX. For those of you who did get in with a BK, my hats off to you, but you seem to be very much the exception!
Message 5 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Definitely give them a call. Just so you know they are notoriously slow in processing secured applications. Mine took about 4-6 weeks IIRC.
Message 6 of 9
Tons_of_Debt
Established Contributor

What did you hear?
08/01/2008 - 472 EQ; 523 TU; 454 EX
03/01/2009 - 574 EQ
08/08/2009 - 648 EQ
01/27/2010 - 671 EQ
07/04/2010 - 713 EQ
01/05/2011 - 730 EQ
05/14/16 - 762 EX
Message 7 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

@TangMeister wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Just want to share what happened to my best bud with BoA this past week.

BoA is a good Prime card lender, but beware if you have a BK, or an account "included in BK...i.e....IIB" on your report. They are NOT BK friendly! I read on here recently that some with BKs got approved for secured cards. So...I told my best friend about it, who had a CH 7 back in 2000, no baddies since, and actually had a couple BoA CCs prior to his BK that were paid and closed in good standing.

He didn't "need" the credit, but wanted back in with a prime lender (sick of Cap 1, etc...I guess). Well...he app'd, they gave a number to call, then they denied when he called due to the BK. He called back and asked for a reconsider...pointing out his prior relationship with them and flawless credit since his BK, and they still turned him down flat...no hesitation whatsoever from what he said. He was bummed about it and I was even more so for sort of nudging him into it. Smiley Sad

Sooo...if any of you have a BK listing, be prepared to NOT get any luv from BoA, no matter how high your FICOs are now! His FICO was around 725 on EX. For those of you who did get in with a BK, my hats off to you, but you seem to be very much the exception!

Not necessarily. My dad has a BK and two released federal liens and got a secured card w/BoA (maybe because I have one, but I doubt it). He's never been late and never been over, so we'll see if it goes unsecured in October. But it IS possible.
Message 8 of 9
mrdrum18
Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
Definitely give them a call. Just so you know they are notoriously slow in processing secured applications. Mine took about 4-6 weeks IIRC.

That's interesting. Mine was processed in 1 business day but I was a BOA checking account customer already.
Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.