Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BOA sent CC without completing an application

tag
MsKiwi
Established Contributor

Re: BOA sent CC without completing an application

@Anonymous wrote:

My girlfriend received a Bank of America credit card w/ 8K limit without ever signing any application. We assumed it was identy theft, but after researching, found that her mother signed for it while at a branch. She cancelled the card, but we are worried about the hit to her credit score (she's around 790). I would like BOA to simply removed the inquiry from all three CRAs (which I do not believe they had permissable permission in the first place), plus refund the $56 for pulling all three credit scores (we plan to do this tommrow). 

Below is a line-by-line detail of what my girlfriend's mother signed:

"Credit card acceptance authorization form"

"Congratulations! You have agreed to accept a pre-approved credit card offer"  

"Check box (which is not checked) Yes, I accpet the pre-approved Bank of America credit card offer and I received a copy of the Bank of America Credit Card Important Terms Disclosure

"My girlfriends name, printed"

"Her mother's name signed"

"Date"

"Last 4 of grilfriends SSN"

"Bank of America Associate Name" 

Has anyone had this happend to them? I'm thinking about meeting with branch manager to discuss the possible actions to correct this issue. Any help is greatly appreciated.  

Holy cow. Her mom did this? Keep us updated what BOA says.
Message 11 of 12
jmbfl
Valued Contributor

Re: BOA sent CC without completing an application

@MsKiwi wrote:
Holy cow. Her mom did this? Keep us updated what BOA says.

Absent a police report BofA may well do nothing. I know I wouldn't! It is either identity theft or it isn't - and unless a police report is filed it isn't. Domestic identity theft is all too frequent and very hard to combat. Most banks won't lift a finger if the "victim" is not willing to report the matter to the police. Involvement in undocumented domestic anything is not good for the interloper.

Message 12 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.