cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BOA sent me an offer to take a Questionnaire and receive a $40 Gas Card-UPDATE 1/22

tag
DI
Super Contributor

Re: BOA sent me an offer to take a Questionnaire and receive a $40 Gas Card

Still waiting.  I want forget! 
Message 21 of 27
Watchmann
Valued Contributor

@DI wrote:

Have you been billed for the AutoVantage plan yet?  Be sure to keep an eye on that aspect as you don't want to run out the clock on the trial period before you get your freebie gas card.
Message 22 of 27
DI
Super Contributor

@Watchmann wrote:

@DI wrote:

Have you been billed for the AutoVantage plan yet?  Be sure to keep an eye on that aspect as you don't want to run out the clock on the trial period before you get your freebie gas card.

No not yet.  The membership doesn't start until I receive the welcome package. They stated it could take up to 4 weeks to receive membership information.    I'm not to be charged during the first 30 days of receiving the info to have a chance to cancel it.  I'll keep an update and a reminder to myself going.  

Message 23 of 27
DI
Super Contributor

Re: BOA sent me an offer to take a Questionnaire and receive a $40 Gas Card-UPDATE 1/22

I finally received the membership information from AutoVantage.  The $40 gas card didn't come with it.  It took a hassle to cancel the membership.  The CSR explained reasons why I should keep the service.  Thinking this would finally get him the shut up, I told him my truck was repo'ed.  That didn't work!  He went on to say the membership can cover other members of my family.  Then he offered $100 vouchers where I can make grocery and I send them receipts and they send me a check.  He didn't say anything about the $40 gas card.  I didn't care to ask.

It took about 10 minutes to finally get him to cancel the membership and give me a confirmation number. I told him about 4 times I want to go ahead and cancel the membership.  

I'm going to give BOA a call to ask for my $40 gas card. I'm also going  tell them as long as I do business with them, they are to never give out my personal information.  I am livid!Smiley Mad  

Message 24 of 27
creditwherecreditisdue
Senior Contributor

Re: BOA sent me an offer to take a Questionnaire and receive a $40 Gas Card-UPDATE 1/22

Okay...
Message 25 of 27
newstart2010
Blogger

Sorry it didn't turn out the way you wanted.  That sucks.  a free $40 would have been nice.

I remember when there were long distance companies (and not everyone had cell phones)  and you would get called every night to change your long distance carrier.  We were with one company forever (can't remember the name now) and got a call one night from a competitor offering $50 bucks off the phone bill if we switched.  So we did.  We actually got a check in the mail for $50 just a week later.  Once we got it, we got a call from our old company, offering $50 to switch back.  Did so, got a check, cashed it, and a week later got a call from the first company with the repeat offer.  We did this back and forth for a while.  Made an extra $100 a month just bouncing back and forth. 

I was in highschool at the time, and my boyfriend at the time (now husband) was going to college in FL.  We talked all the time, so I was able to keep in touch with him for no money, and got a little extra cash on the side too.  It was a great deal.

I live my life like I type, fast and with a lot of mistakes.
Spacebar broken. Watch for finger.

02/04/2015 || TU 08: 728 EX 08: 709 EQ 08: 748

Message 26 of 27
DI
Super Contributor

I still may get the $40 gas card for  trying the program.  I wasn't obligated to keep the membership for a period of time before getting the card.   I just hate it didn't come with the membership package. 
Message 27 of 27
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.