Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BOA soft/hard

tag
umair
New Contributor

BOA soft/hard

Called BOA today.. I just recived their card a few weeks ago and i have been using that for almost everything.. Just got to know I'm flying and thought will ask for an increase in limit ...

the rep suggested that it will be a Hard pull versus a soft pull...

I guess BOA is now a hard pull.. did anyone find that recently?

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Re: BOA soft/hard

I think it's only because you have not had your card for 6 months...

Message 2 of 5
vish1
Valued Contributor

@umair wrote:

Called BOA today.. I just recived their card a few weeks ago and i have been using that for almost everything.. Just got to know I'm flying and thought will ask for an increase in limit ...

the rep suggested that it will be a Hard pull versus a soft pull...

I guess BOA is now a hard pull.. did anyone find that recently?

Unless you are looking to app some credit real soon, you should be fine with that. btw, you may be lucky and not have a HP even though the exec says that. When I got my card unsecured, I was told multiple times that this will be a hard pull, but no hard pull showed up on my credit file.

Citi Hilton Reserve 22.3K | Citi Thank You 8.2K | CSP 15.5K | Chase Freedom 10K | Chase BA 15K | Chase United 8.5K | Chase Marriott 5K | Discover IT 9K | Club Carlson 13K | Amex SPG 20K | BofA Cash Rewards 11K | BofA Cash Rewards 50K
Message 3 of 5
midtowneastbored
Established Member

I just called them today for a CLI (after hitting the Luv Button for the first time in two years) and they said it was a soft pull (and gave me a great CLI in the process!)

Message 4 of 5
umair
New Contributor

I think the CA was not in a good mood when I called... I'm not applying or asking for any changes on the Credit now... Will make heavy use on the card and 6 months from now we will see where we stand..!!

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.