Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BOFA 99/500 Graduated

tag
kball64
Frequent Contributor

BOFA 99/500 Graduated

Ok so I've been doing some CC maintenance the past few days.  After getting CLI's on my NFCU cards I decided to call BOFA regarding my 99/500 card.  I've had it since last May and it just passed the 9 month mark.  I was transferred to the secured card department and the rep told me that my account was eligible for review and he put me on hold for a few minutes.  He came back on the line and told me that my card was no longer secured and that I'd receive my $99 refund in 7-10 days.  They gave me a CLI from $500 to $1,000.  I think I'll give Cap One a call and see if they're feeling generous. 
Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
goodgirl-badcredit
Frequent Contributor

Re: BOFA 99/500 Graduated

congrats.

what number did you dial? I cant wait until my 99/500 card graduates. did you wait until the end of the 9th month or did you call on your 9 month anniversary?

Starting Score: 3/21 EQ 636 TU 669
Current Score: 12/30 EQ 740 TU 712 EX ??? ....
Goal Score: Yay... I reached my goal of 700!!!

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Message 2 of 12
kball64
Frequent Contributor

Called 800-732-9194 and was transferred to the secured card department.  My card passed the 9 mth mark last month. 

Message 3 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

congrats Smiley WinkMine unsecured last month dont forget to get a product change........
Message 4 of 12
kball64
Frequent Contributor

I was going to check into the product change but the rep I was speaking with didn't know too much about it so I didn't mess with it.  Can you give me any advice on going about getting one?  And also what you changed to, did you pay an AF? 

Message 5 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Just call back and tell them u want a product chage i changed to a world points rewards card some have changed to amex, its better to pc for Cli..
Message 6 of 12
kball64
Frequent Contributor

Thank you thank you!  I called them back and was easily able to change to the World Points w/no AF.  I also asked for a CLI and she asked what I wanted and I said $5k.  She said the request has been submitted and I'll know if 5-7 days if it's approved.  She also said I could check online to see if it shows up.  Did you have any luck with a CLI when you did your product change?  Thanks again!
Message 7 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

they gave 500 so i did not ask for anything else but if u get 5k i will knock on that door also Good Luck.
Message 8 of 12
kball64
Frequent Contributor

Yeah, I doubt they'll give it to me but she asked me how much I wanted so I threw the $5k number out there.  Will let you know!
Message 9 of 12
Red1Blue
Super Contributor

Congrats....
Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.