Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BOFA Application

tag
USC08
Frequent Contributor

BOFA Application

Do you have to have a checking or savings to apply for their credit card?

Does it help the approval process if you do have a checking or savings?

What credit bureau do they pull in CA?

What is the easiest card to get?

myFICO - EQ: 776 EX: 763 TU: 791
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
JMN
Frequent Contributor

Re: BOFA Application

1 - No.

2 - Usually, with most banking institutions, it helps, but I doubt it's fully required.

3 - Experian.

4 - Most likely the BankAmericard and BankAmericard Basic. It seems to be their most vanilla cards.

I speak from semi-experience - both of my credit cards with Bank of America come from pre-quals. I am an existing checking account customer (albeit, I don't really use said account), so that most likely generated the pre-quals/might have helped a bit with the approvals.

Hope this helps. Smiley Happy

Despite my employment in the banking industry, any and all views contained in this post are purely my own, and do not represent any financial institution, nor constitute as financial or investment guidance or advise.
Message 2 of 6
smc733
Valued Contributor

A banking relationship with them is required to apply for any of the BankAmericard products.  Any non-BankAmericard products, however, are open to anyone to apply for.

BofA Cash Rewards VS - $25k | Citi Double Cash World MC - $18.9k | Amex BCE - $50k | Discover it - $50k | Chase Freedom Unlimited VS- $10k | Barclay Ring $5k |
Message 3 of 6
Itsmeagain
Established Contributor

@smc733 wrote:

A banking relationship with them is required to apply for any of the BankAmericard products.  Any non-BankAmericard products, however, are open to anyone to apply for.

Hmmm . . . . I've had a BoA card since 2008.  It was recently "upgraded" to the BoA Signature Visa. 

My credit line is $12.500 and I've never had any other banking relationship with them.

YMMV

Starting Score: TU 737 EQ 721
Current Score: TU 741 EQ 741
Goal Score: TU 765 EQ 760

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 4 of 6
smc733
Valued Contributor

@Itsmeagain wrote:

@smc733 wrote:

Hmmm . . . . I've had a BoA card since 2008.  It was recently "upgraded" to the BoA Signature Visa. 

My credit line is $12.500 and I've never had any other banking relationship with them.

YMMV

Interestingly enough, it is required to apply, yet not to get, kind of wierd. 

BofA Cash Rewards VS - $25k | Citi Double Cash World MC - $18.9k | Amex BCE - $50k | Discover it - $50k | Chase Freedom Unlimited VS- $10k | Barclay Ring $5k |
Message 5 of 6
wollepopolle
Established Contributor

I don't know where you got that from . This is wrong information. I have absolutely no affiliation with Bank of America other than a BankAmericard that I applied for recently and was approved.

@smc733 wrote:

With regard to an earlier post, for me, they pulled Transunion only. It really depends on the case and the customer, it seems.

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.