Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BOFA CLI Request with a balance

tag
QAMngrGirl
Frequent Contributor

BOFA CLI Request with a balance

What are the chances of a CLI approval from $2K to $3K with a balance on the account of $400.00? BOFA seems to be a stickler for a lot of things so out of curiosity - what are the chances? 

Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
ItchyAppFingers
New Contributor

Re: BOFA CLI Request with a balance

I submitted a request for a CLI recently for my BOA 123 card from $1k to $2k and didn't get approved. During that time I had a balance of $360. IMHO your best bet is to request a CLI when you have a balance 10% or less just to show them some usage.
My Current Plastic: {Amazon Store Card} {Amazon Visa} {Amex Zync} {Amex Gold PRG} {Amex BCE} {Bloomingdales} {BOA 123 Cash Rewards} {Capital One Platinum Visa} {Chase Freedom Visa} {Discover IT} {Kohls} {Macy's} {Nordstrom} {SonyCard Visa} {Target RedCard}
Message 2 of 12
QAMngrGirl
Frequent Contributor

That is what I figured, that request limit increase button can wait a month lol

Message 3 of 12
kwinks
Regular Contributor

That's an interesting thought. I didn't even think about that when I asked for my cli on Bank of America cash rewards. I had a balance of 60 dollars, but my cl was only 500 dollars. The rep didn't even mention it. I think they mainly look of your payment pattern thoug, because he did ask if I was planning to continue paying in full each month. I think that Al's long as your balance is low on all your other cards then it shouldn't really matter. I guess it depends on how long you've had the card and your payment pattern/history. 

Message 4 of 12
Sevenfeet
Regular Contributor

BofA cannot just use utilization as a metric for determining a CLI.  I just went from a $13.5K CL to $20K with a 95% utilization.  They probably acknowledged that I was paying my card on time for years, even with the utilization.  It can be done.

Message 5 of 12
epicureanism
Contributor

I have hold the BOA cash rewards cards for more than 4 months (perfect payment history) before I ask for a CLI from 1000 to 2500. I was approved instantly but it is a HP...

Current Cards: BOA Better Rewards (2.5k), Citi Forward (2k), AMEX Blue Cash Preferred (6k), AMEX SPG (7.5k), DISCOVER (1k), Chase Freedom (7k).

Credit Karma: 752, Credit Sesame: 736.
Message 6 of 12
slg
New Contributor

In my 16 years of experiance with b of a they like two things for credit limit increases. Looooooooong history and pay in full customers. We have never once been denied a cli since 96 and I've asked 3 times. We had the card at around 25k at one point but they actually called during the credit crunch and asked if we would mind if they lowered our limit to 13k. did have no use for a limit thigh even that high so it was no problem and they even stated that we could call in and tell them to raise it back to where it was if we ever needed it. Haven't needed it yet and don't plan on needing it. We charge about 3-4k monthly and pay in full each statement balance and have done so without fail since 96. 

BCE 12800, bofa travel rewards 8k, Barclays apple 6200, Macy's 2000, Macy's Amex 3200, merrick bank 300 , Victoria secret 1350, jcrew 1350
Message 7 of 12
creditballer
Regular Contributor

Hi..How did you request your CLI...online or phone?

Last App Oct 2013...applied and received Amex PRG and Blue Sky!
FICO -Walmart = 779
Credit Karma = 781
EX-766, EQ 772, TU-759
Goal: 800
Message 8 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

requested CLI on my 3-2-1 card after 3 months of having it. requested 5k from 1.5k. approved for 3k and it WAS a hard pull using online button.

all CLI's with BOA will be hard pulls no questions asked

Message 9 of 12
YahComb
Established Contributor

I was carrying 310/1200 balance  my first(unsecured) CLI with BOA. My card had just graduated at 10 months, and i requested this CLI from 1200 to 3000 about 2 weeks later in July. THey had me call in and i was hard pulled, but it only took 5 minutes to get it approved. next CLI was instant approved(3000 to 6000) with a balance of 52/3000 at the end of October-also hard pulled. Both CLi's initiated online.

EQ-736(08/14) TU-752(09/14)
Newest to Oldest
Barc Sallie Mae 6K | Citi TY Pref 4.5K | US Bank Cash+ 10K | Chase Freedom 11.7K | Disc It 10.5K | Amazon Store 2.5K | BOA Cash Rewards 10.5K |

Closed Cards: 4 Oldest: 3yrs AAOA: 2yrs
Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.