Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BOFA CLI and New Card, 1 HP

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

BOFA CLI and New Card, 1 HP

Dh called for a CLI on the 20th and doubled his limit. Today he notices in his offers he was preaproved for all their other cards at 16.74% interest so he pulled the trigger on the BBR and was approved for $1900 ($500 of which we noticed they pulled off his cash rewards card). Strange thing is he hasn't gotten a HP for it. Maybe because they used the HP when they preapproved him? Or maybe they just still had it on file and decided to use it? Or maybe it just hasn't come through. But BoFA is usually really quick. He gets the alert before he gets the reply from the CSR. Has anyone else had this happen? I know some people have mentioned asking BOFA to use a previous HP for other things but I've never read of it happening automatically for a new account. Not that I'm complaining!
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Re: BOFA CLI and New Card, 1 HP

Yeah this happens and can happen if you just got a cli then like a week later app for a card they may use the most recent hp which is not. Happened to me , didnt get the second card, must be at my max for the moment, but didnt get the hpSmiley Happy. Your dh must be at internal limit if they pulled credit from another card. Congrats to dh by the waySmiley Happy
Message 2 of 3
UncleB
Credit Mentor

Re: BOFA CLI and New Card, 1 HP

There are more than a few reports around here where BoA reused a recent HP for an approval... it actually happened to me back in January.

I took a HP on TU for my BBR #1 in mid-December, and when I applied for BBR #2 three weeks later they re-used the TU pull for the new card's approval.  That worked out especially well for me since TU happens to be my strongest score.

Congrats on the new approval!  Smiley Happy

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.