Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BOFA CLOSED MY SECURED VISA! WHATEVER!

tag
texasman07
Established Contributor

BOFA CLOSED MY SECURED VISA! WHATEVER!

SO I LOGG INTO MY ACCOUNT-NO CREDIT LINE. 

I HAVE HAD THIS ACCOUNT FOR ALMOST A YEAR.  IT WAS GOING TO UNSECURE IN 2 MONTHS! JERKS! THEY SAID UPON ACCOUNT REVIEW THEY SAW INQUIRIES ON MY REPORT THAT SEEMED EXCESSIVE.

SO THEY CLOSED MY SECURED LINE OF 1200.00. I ALWAYS PIF.

WHO CARES BOFA! I GOT AN AMEX ZYNC.  TO HELL WITH YOU.  

Message 1 of 18
17 REPLIES 17
Ron1
Super Contributor

Re: BOFA CLOSED MY SECURED VISA! WHATEVER!

@texasman07 wrote:

I HAVE HAD THIS ACCOUNT FOR ALMOST A YEAR.  IT WAS GOING TO UNSECURE IN 2 MONTHS! JERKS! THEY SAID UPON ACCOUNT REVIEW THEY SAW INQUIRIES ON MY REPORT THAT SEEMED EXCESSIVE.

Sorry to hear. You're better off with BOFA.  Make sure you get your secured deposit from them.

Ron.

Message 2 of 18
CS800
Super Contributor

That stinks. Like you said they gave you a bad excuse for closing your account . You got the zync, use it well and get a revolver amex

Message 3 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

@CS800 wrote:
That stinks. Like you said they gave you a bad excuse for closing your account . You got the zync, use it well and get a revolver amex

From the threads I've been reading here recently, that seems to be how BofA rolls. All the AA I've read about seems to be based on flimsy excuses.

Message 4 of 18
smc733
Valued Contributor

@texasman07 wrote:

+1

BofA Cash Rewards VS - $25k | Citi Double Cash World MC - $18.9k | Amex BCE - $50k | Discover it - $50k | Chase Freedom Unlimited VS- $10k | Barclay Ring $5k |
Message 5 of 18
bichonmom
Senior Contributor

Wow! So sorry to hear about that. Being a secured card, that is especially bizarre. I've heard such horror stories about B of A (including one, first-hand from a client), so I am not looking to do business with them! 

Also, as others have said, at least it served its purpose... You now have Amex, who will no doubt show you some luv!

EQ FICO 750 | TU FICO 761 (Walmart) | EX FAKO 767 | Goal: 800+

Edits, funky spacing and spelling due to my iPad not getting along with the forum editor!

Message 6 of 18
CS800
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@CS800 wrote:

From the threads I've been reading here recently, that seems to be how BofA rolls. All the AA I've read about seems to be based on flimsy excuses.

The are following in Barclays footstep

Message 7 of 18
frogfan12
Established Contributor

Oh well, just make sure you get your $1200 back!

Starting Score: 760
Current Score: 716 Equifax 754 TU 736 Experian
Goal Score: 760
Message 8 of 18
RockinRay
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@CS800 wrote:

+1 - they closed down $30k in lines between my wife and myself last month!  Smiley Mad

Ray

** Every Card has a Job, and Every Card does its Job **
Message 9 of 18
pizzadude
Credit Mentor

You'll be much better off without them. Good riddance.

Why would they be concerned about inquiries when they know that you have a rebuilder card ~ you would think that they would expect you to rebuild.

March2010 FICO® ~ 695 TU, 653 EQ, 697 EX
Message 10 of 18
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.