Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BOFA Cash Rewards Question

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

BOFA Cash Rewards Question

If I get my limit up to it over 5k, can I request to upgrade to the Visa Signature version of this card? Sorry if this has been asked before
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
kdm31091
Super Contributor

Re: BOFA Cash Rewards Question

Yes you can. They treat it as a product change and with the way they handle those, it will take 2-4 weeks, then you will get the card in the mail. So assuming you are patient, yes, it can be done.

Message 2 of 6
ddemari
Super Contributor

@kdm31091 wrote:

Yes you can. They treat it as a product change and with the way they handle those, it will take 2-4 weeks, then you will get the card in the mail. So assuming you are patient, yes, it can be done.

just like kdm said, yes it can be done and you have to call them and ask and it will take 2-4 weeks for the card to show up. about a week after asking, my online account changed to saying visa signature. if you card was opened as a secured card originally and coverted to unsecured cash rewards there are some extra hoops I had to jump through, but it can be done. much easier if you card was opened as a platinum unsecured card and now your limit is where it needs to be for signature. 

Message 3 of 6
Discover2016
Valued Contributor

Yep I did this back in the spring, very painless, it did take a few weeks though.

Gardening until September 2025
Next app: Mortgage in September 2025
Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Sweet! Thanks guys!
Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

just like kdm said, yes it can be done and you have to call them and ask and it will take 2-4 weeks for the card to show up. about a week after asking, my online account changed to saying visa signature. if you card was opened as a secured card originally and coverted to unsecured cash rewards there are some extra hoops I had to jump through, but it can be done. much easier if you card was opened as a platinum unsecured card and now your limit is where it needs to be for signature. 

What kind of hoops did you have to jump through?  My card was secured and then was upgraded to an unsecured Cash Rewards version and my CL is $5k but they won't convert it to a Signature. Any advice you can provide would be very helpful.

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.