Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BOFA Pre Approval Page

tag
john398
Senior Contributor

BOFA Pre Approval Page

My question is does pretty much everyone get this offer? or do they really do a soft pull first

https://www.bankofamerica.com/credit-cards/overview.go

and clicked check for pre approved offers I filled in the info and it gave me 

BankAmericard Cash Rewards™ Credit Card Get a $100 cash back bonus

after you make $500 in purchases in the first 90 days of account opening
Introductory APR

0% for 12
billing cycles

Applies to purchases and to any balance transfers made within 60 days of opening your account

Noewards Terms and Conditions for Balance Transfer Fee and for fees that apply to other transaction types

Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
sengpatt
Regular Contributor

Re: BOFA Pre Approval Page

That seems to be the offer it gives to people pretty indiscriminately.

I've used it and gotten targeted offers before though (e.g. higher sign-up bonus, personalized recommendations, etc.). I also currently have a checking, savings, and credit card account with them, which might make a difference.

EX: 758 (10/12), TU: ???, EQ: ???

BankAmericard Travel Rewards // Citi Forward // Amex Blue Cash Preferred // Gap Visa
Message 2 of 12
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Message 3 of 12
enharu
Super Contributor

i got this as well, and don't see any SP on my profiles.

some people got real actual offers though.

JPMorgan Palladium (100k), AmEx Platinum (NPSL), AmEx SPG (46k), AmEx BCP (42k), Chase Sapphire Preferred (47k), Citi Prestige (31k), Citi Thank You Preferred (27k), Citi Executive AAdvantage (25k), JPMorgan Ritz-Carlton (21k), Merrill+ (15k), US Bank Cash+ (22.5k), Wells Fargo (12k), Bloomingdale’s (12.4k), Chase Freedom (5k), Discover IT (5k).
Message 4 of 12
john398
Senior Contributor

Thanks so it could mean I do not qualify for anything I guess

@sengpatt wrote:

That seems to be the offer it gives to people pretty indiscriminately.

I've used it and gotten targeted offers before though (e.g. higher sign-up bonus, personalized recommendations, etc.). I also currently have a checking, savings, and credit card account with them, which might make a difference.

Message 5 of 12
sengpatt
Regular Contributor

Honestly, I wouldn't put too much stock into it. Seeing what kinds of folks around here got approved would probably be a much better indicator of your chances.
EX: 758 (10/12), TU: ???, EQ: ???

BankAmericard Travel Rewards // Citi Forward // Amex Blue Cash Preferred // Gap Visa
Message 6 of 12
enharu
Super Contributor

it is a lot easier to estimate your own chances of approval by looking at credit pulls database, whogavemecredit, financeglobe, and creditkarma reviews section.

compare your own situation to people whom got approved, and you can estimate your chances somewhat better than pre-approvals can. Of course, those data on those website represent only a small sample, abeit a pretty skewed one, because not everyone is bothered enough to post on those sites on whether they got approved / declined, even if they knew about those sites in the first place.

JPMorgan Palladium (100k), AmEx Platinum (NPSL), AmEx SPG (46k), AmEx BCP (42k), Chase Sapphire Preferred (47k), Citi Prestige (31k), Citi Thank You Preferred (27k), Citi Executive AAdvantage (25k), JPMorgan Ritz-Carlton (21k), Merrill+ (15k), US Bank Cash+ (22.5k), Wells Fargo (12k), Bloomingdale’s (12.4k), Chase Freedom (5k), Discover IT (5k).
Message 7 of 12
HiLine
Blogger

We do not know how credible the pre-approval process is unless someone claims he/she wasn't offered anything. Smiley Happy

Message 8 of 12
indiolatino61
Valued Contributor

Everyone gets this offer. My friend put in his horrendous stats (<500 FICO) and it spit out the exact same offer.

photo Logo - Credit Card Collection - Data Inclusive_zpskiw5xfjj.jpg photo emerald_zpsfitcxbh5.jpg
Message 9 of 12
enharu
Super Contributor

So far the most credible approval website that I've seen is Chase. Citi's website is pretty decent too. 

For both Chase and Citi, if you are NOT pre-approved, it tells you very clearly that you are not pre-approved. Citi tells you that and also shows you a card that you might be interested in.

Bank of America's pre-approval is one of the worst I've seen. Either they're being shady, or the programmer / designer just did a really bad job.

Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.