Senior Contributor

BOFA Pre Approval Page

My question is does pretty much everyone get this offer? or do they really do a soft pull first

https://www.bankofamerica.com/credit-cards/overview.go

and clicked check for pre approved offers I filled in the info and it gave me 

BankAmericard Cash Rewards™ Credit Card Get a $100 cash back bonus

after you make $500 in purchases in the first 90 days of account opening
Introductory APR

0% for 12
billing cycles

Applies to purchases and to any balance transfers made within 60 days of opening your account

Noewards Terms and Conditions for Balance Transfer Fee and for fees that apply to other transaction types

Regular Contributor

Re: BOFA Pre Approval Page

[ Edited ]

That seems to be the offer it gives to people pretty indiscriminately.

I've used it and gotten targeted offers before though (e.g. higher sign-up bonus, personalized recommendations, etc.). I also currently have a checking, savings, and credit card account with them, which might make a difference.

EX: 758 (10/12), TU: ???, EQ: ???

BankAmericard Travel Rewards // Citi Forward // Amex Blue Cash Preferred // Gap Visa

Super Contributor

i got this as well, and don't see any SP on my profiles.

some people got real actual offers though.

JPMorgan Palladium (100k), AmEx Platinum (NPSL), AmEx SPG (46k), AmEx BCP (42k), Chase Sapphire Preferred (47k), Citi Prestige (31k), Citi Thank You Preferred (27k), Citi Executive AAdvantage (25k), JPMorgan Ritz-Carlton (21k), Merrill+ (15k), US Bank Cash+ (22.5k), Wells Fargo (12k), Bloomingdale’s (12.4k), Chase Freedom (5k), Discover IT (5k).
Senior Contributor

Thanks so it could mean I do not qualify for anything I guess

sengpatt wrote:

That seems to be the offer it gives to people pretty indiscriminately.

I've used it and gotten targeted offers before though (e.g. higher sign-up bonus, personalized recommendations, etc.). I also currently have a checking, savings, and credit card account with them, which might make a difference.

Regular Contributor

Honestly, I wouldn't put too much stock into it. Seeing what kinds of folks around here got approved would probably be a much better indicator of your chances.
EX: 758 (10/12), TU: ???, EQ: ???

BankAmericard Travel Rewards // Citi Forward // Amex Blue Cash Preferred // Gap Visa
Super Contributor

it is a lot easier to estimate your own chances of approval by looking at credit pulls database, whogavemecredit, financeglobe, and creditkarma reviews section.

compare your own situation to people whom got approved, and you can estimate your chances somewhat better than pre-approvals can. Of course, those data on those website represent only a small sample, abeit a pretty skewed one, because not everyone is bothered enough to post on those sites on whether they got approved / declined, even if they knew about those sites in the first place.

JPMorgan Palladium (100k), AmEx Platinum (NPSL), AmEx SPG (46k), AmEx BCP (42k), Chase Sapphire Preferred (47k), Citi Prestige (31k), Citi Thank You Preferred (27k), Citi Executive AAdvantage (25k), JPMorgan Ritz-Carlton (21k), Merrill+ (15k), US Bank Cash+ (22.5k), Wells Fargo (12k), Bloomingdale’s (12.4k), Chase Freedom (5k), Discover IT (5k).
Blogger

We do not know how credible the pre-approval process is unless someone claims he/she wasn't offered anything. Smiley Happy

Valued Contributor

Everyone gets this offer. My friend put in his horrendous stats (<500 FICO) and it spit out the exact same offer.

photo Logo - Credit Card Collection - Data Inclusive_zpsbldohfea.jpg
Super Contributor

So far the most credible approval website that I've seen is Chase. Citi's website is pretty decent too. 

For both Chase and Citi, if you are NOT pre-approved, it tells you very clearly that you are not pre-approved. Citi tells you that and also shows you a card that you might be interested in.

Bank of America's pre-approval is one of the worst I've seen. Either they're being shady, or the programmer / designer just did a really bad job.

Advertiser Disclosure: The listings that appear on myFICO are from companies from which myFICO receives compensation, which may impact how and where products appear on myFICO (including, for example, the order in which they appear). myFICO does not review or include all companies or all available products.
† Credit cards for FICO Score ranges: The score ranges are guidelines based on actual applicant approvals and having a FICO Score in a particular range does not guarantee you will be approved for credit cards recommended in that range.

Copyright ©2001-2015 Fair Isaac Corporation. All rights reserved.   | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Sitemap

IMPORTANT INFORMATION: All FICO® Score products made available on myFICO.com include a FICO® Score 8, along with additional FICO® Score versions. Your lender or insurer may use a different FICO® Score than the versions you receive from myFICO, or another type of credit score altogether. Learn more

FICO, myFICO, Score Watch, The score lenders use, and The Score That Matters are trademarks or registered trademarks of Fair Isaac Corporation. Equifax Credit Report is a trademark of Equifax, Inc. and its affiliated companies. Many factors affect your FICO Score and the interest rates you may receive. Fair Isaac is not a credit repair organization as defined under federal or state law, including the Credit Repair Organizations Act. Fair Isaac does not provide "credit repair" services or advice or assistance regarding "rebuilding" or "improving" your credit record, credit history or credit rating. FTC's website on credit.