Reply
Valued Contributor
mjbfan79
Posts: 1,998
Registered: ‎03-31-2008
0

BOFA Product Change?

I just did a product change to the World Points Visa. My secured card just unsecured. The rep on the phone told me that i will still be charged $29 AF an i should receive a new card in the mail in 7 business days. I thought when you do a product change there's no longer a AF I'm confused?

Starting Score 3-31-08: EQ 582 TU 577 EX 625
Current Score 3-19-10: EQ 703 TU 712 EX No Clue
Goal Score: 800 By January Of 2012


Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Regular Contributor
Smarter
Posts: 151
Registered: ‎11-14-2007
0

Re: BOFA Product Change?

The same thing happened to me.  If you look at the Worldpoints card on the BoA website, it is a mastercard.  That is the one with no af.  I think for those of us that ask to change our secured cards, they are just adding the worldpoints to our existing account.  Just speculation....

 

I got a new card too, but nothing else changed except the Worldpoints logo is now on my Visa Platinum.  I don't know how this plays into future cil's--I have read that you get better increases with a product change.

 

BTW, my new card took 4 weeks to arrive.

Valued Contributor
mjbfan79
Posts: 1,998
Registered: ‎03-31-2008
0

Re: BOFA Product Change?


Smarter wrote:

The same thing happened to me.  If you look at the Worldpoints card on the BoA website, it is a mastercard.  That is the one with no af.  I think for those of us that ask to change our secured cards, they are just adding the worldpoints to our existing account.  Just speculation....

 

I got a new card too, but nothing else changed except the Worldpoints logo is now on my Visa Platinum.  I don't know how this plays into future cil's--I have read that you get better increases with a product change.

 

BTW, my new card took 4 weeks to arrive.


 

I just called back an talked to some guy by the name of Sam. He told me my PC is already is process  an he couldn't do anything until its final which should happen Friday. Sam told me he marked his calender for Friday an he will make sure the AF is removed from my account not sure if i believe this.

Starting Score 3-31-08: EQ 582 TU 577 EX 625
Current Score 3-19-10: EQ 703 TU 712 EX No Clue
Goal Score: 800 By January Of 2012


Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Regular Contributor
Smarter
Posts: 151
Registered: ‎11-14-2007
0

Re: BOFA Product Change?

Wow!  I hope so!  Please update when you get the card--I might have to try again.  Which number did you call to find Sam?
Valued Contributor
mjbfan79
Posts: 1,998
Registered: ‎03-31-2008
0

Re: BOFA Product Change?


Smarter wrote:
Wow!  I hope so!  Please update when you get the card--I might have to try again.  Which number did you call to find Sam?

 

866-421-8071

 

He also asked me my employment info occupation income info not sure what all that was about.


Starting Score 3-31-08: EQ 582 TU 577 EX 625
Current Score 3-19-10: EQ 703 TU 712 EX No Clue
Goal Score: 800 By January Of 2012


Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Regular Contributor
Smarter
Posts: 151
Registered: ‎11-14-2007
0

Re: BOFA Product Change?

Hmmm...interesting.  Almost sounds like another app!  I wonder if you will get the Mastercard instead of the Visa?  I could not even find a Worldpoints Visa on the web site unless I am looking in the wrong place.

 

Please let me know how this turns out!

 

BTW, BoA updated my CR before the normal date.  It was odd--nothing changed on my account when I logged in, but the acct # changed on my reports and when I would log into Mint.com to view my accounts, it said Worldpoints.  So, it seems whenever they have your new card in the system, they update.  I ended up with a 15.00 balance reporting that I was planning on paying before it reported.

Valued Contributor
mjbfan79
Posts: 1,998
Registered: ‎03-31-2008
0

Re: BOFA Product Change?


Smarter wrote:

Hmmm...interesting.  Almost sounds like another app!  I wonder if you will get the Mastercard instead of the Visa?  I could not even find a Worldpoints Visa on the web site unless I am looking in the wrong place.

 

Please let me know how this turns out!

 

BTW, BoA updated my CR before the normal date.  It was odd--nothing changed on my account when I logged in, but the acct # changed on my reports and when I would log into Mint.com to view my accounts, it said Worldpoints.  So, it seems whenever they have your new card in the system, they update.  I ended up with a 15.00 balance reporting that I was planning on paying before it reported.


I was told i would get another account number but i can still continue to use my old card' not sure what the outcome will be.


Starting Score 3-31-08: EQ 582 TU 577 EX 625
Current Score 3-19-10: EQ 703 TU 712 EX No Clue
Goal Score: 800 By January Of 2012


Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Established Contributor
cartercorp
Posts: 851
Registered: ‎07-01-2008
0

Re: BOFA Product Change?

Hey mj

Did you have a checking/savings acct with b of a when you applied for this card? Also did you apply for a regular credit card first and then they countered with a secured card? And was there a hard pull for the secured card on EX or all 3.

Thanks

Valued Contributor
mjbfan79
Posts: 1,998
Registered: ‎03-31-2008
0

Re: BOFA Product Change?


cartercorp wrote:

Hey mj

Did you have a checking/savings acct with b of a when you applied for this card? Also did you apply for a regular credit card first and then they countered with a secured card? And was there a hard pull for the secured card on EX or all 3.

Thanks


 

No checking or savings account before i applied i did the pre approval it suggested i apply for a secured card i applied an was approved for the secured card. BOFA only pulled EX when i applied for the secured card. When i called to get it unsecured i was hit with another hard on my TU credit report.

Starting Score 3-31-08: EQ 582 TU 577 EX 625
Current Score 3-19-10: EQ 703 TU 712 EX No Clue
Goal Score: 800 By January Of 2012


Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Established Contributor
cartercorp
Posts: 851
Registered: ‎07-01-2008
0

Re: BOFA Product Change?

Thanks

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}