Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BOFA apr decrease and annual fee supression

tag
toppers555
Established Contributor

BOFA apr decrease and annual fee supression

The other day I read about someone getting their apr decreased, and so I decided what the heck , I pif , but having a lower apr would not be a bad thing.  So i called up ans asked about it, and Bofa lowered it to 15%.  Over a 5% decrease, and while I was thinking about it in my head to ask about getting the Annual $40 fee removed, the credit rep without me even asking told me the account was eilgible to have annual fee removed, and removed it!!.  Also found out I got apporved for the travel awards cards I appiled for about a month ago that I assumed I got denied for because I had not heard anything back.  I seriously need to garden Smiley Sad

TU 715 No apps to 05/13 cash+ 5/13!!! 738 TU CSP April 13!!!CSP approved May 13!!!

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
supersam101
Contributor

Re: BOFA apr decrease and annual fee supression

Congrats. I tried to get my apr reduced a couple of weeks ago and they said my account was not eligible I guess it was because of the credit limit increase I got two weeks before.

Discover IT Student $3k. Bankameri better balance $3k.
Chase freedom 2.5k
Message 2 of 9
flowfaster
Established Contributor

I swear I am starting to like Fia more and more each day now.  That sounds crazy, I know but they just never tell me no.  Here is the life of my BofA card.  I started out at $1000@16.9 APR 2 years ago.  I think the card had the 3-2-1 but only the first 6 months.  So realizing this, I called them and had the card changed to a permanent 3-2-1.  Next, I pressed the online luv button and got up to $2500 with no hard pull YMMV.  After 1 year I acquired the Amex BCP so I had no need for the BofA 3-2-1 anymore. So I again had it PC to Travel Rewards card and got the CL bumped to 6K.  6 months after that I thought I would try to pretty much make this the ultimate Travel Rewards card.  I called the credit analyst at Fia and had the card "Pimped". The CL was bumped to $12.5k, the APR was dropped permanently for cash advances, balance transfers and purchases to 9.99%(she said that was one of the best BofA offers!!!) and upgraded to a VISA Signature.  It was pretty much epic for one phone call. 

Amex BCP/BC/Zync - Amex Business GR - Barclays NFL Visa Sig 49ers/Arrival - BoA BBR - Cap 1 Quicksilver - Citi Forward/Preferred - Chase Amazon/Freedom/Ink Plus - Discover IT - Fidelity Amex - GECRB Amazon/Walmart - PenFed PRV - Target - USAA Amex - US Bank CASH+/Club Carlson
Message 3 of 9
drkaje
Senior Contributor

Called Chase and asked for a better APR and got a big, fat, "No", LOL!

My Freedom will be freed once it's not useful in helping utilization. Smiley Happy

Starting Score: 675
Current Score: EX 753 FICO, EQ 737FICO, TU 738
Goal Score: 776 FICO

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 4 of 9
YahComb
Established Contributor

did you use an analyst backdoor or the number on the card toppers? If the regular reps removed your af without a fight, i'd say thats a sign of change on BOA's part. And i hate how they call it "suppression". makes it sound like they might choose to "release" it again someday. i'm still at my 20.24 secured APR i should probably call in the next month or so.

EQ-736(08/14) TU-752(09/14)
Newest to Oldest
Barc Sallie Mae 6K | Citi TY Pref 4.5K | US Bank Cash+ 10K | Chase Freedom 11.7K | Disc It 10.5K | Amazon Store 2.5K | BOA Cash Rewards 10.5K |

Closed Cards: 4 Oldest: 3yrs AAOA: 2yrs
Message 5 of 9
colindidit
Established Contributor

What number did u call I'd like to lower mine as well
Wallet: Barclay-5k, Citadel MC- 5k, Slate- 4k, Freedom- 3k, BOA- 3k, Citi- 2k, AMEXBCE- 2k and more...
Message 6 of 9
toppers555
Established Contributor

@YahComb wrote:

did you use an analyst backdoor or the number on the card toppers? If the regular reps removed your af without a fight, i'd say thats a sign of change on BOA's part. And i hate how they call it "suppression". makes it sound like they might choose to "release" it again someday. i'm still at my 20.24 secured APR i should probably call in the next month or so.

I called one of the regular csr numbers and they transfered me to an analyst to review apr request, the analyst also was one who advised of the remocal of the annual fee. 

TU 715 No apps to 05/13 cash+ 5/13!!! 738 TU CSP April 13!!!CSP approved May 13!!!

Message 7 of 9
Epcot
Valued Contributor

Congrats! Did they say if the APR reduction was temporary or permanent?

Starting Score: EQ 717 EX 724 TU 736
Current Score: EQ 849 EX 835 TU 841
Message 8 of 9
toppers555
Established Contributor

permanent

Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.