Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BOFA closing 60% of Credit cards with scores under 750

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: BOFA closing 60% of Credit cards with scores under 750

@plasticguy wrote:

Hmmm...just checked and my card is still open, and my CL is still there. I don't have a 750 either.

Maybe you should work on buliding that score!! 

Seriously? What part of the TOS of this site are you having a problem with? While not a 750, my score has been more than sufficient to get me prime CCs with healthy CLs, a great rate on a mortgage, and low-rate car loans. I'll worry about my score; you worry about posting information to this site that is actually grounded in reality.

Message 11 of 20
scottie_mommy
Regular Contributor

I actually got a CLI from them a few days ago. 

My APR sucks and they won't reduce it until my balance is lower, but it's still open.

Message 12 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

@plasticguy wrote:
BoA to close credit cards for approximately 60% of customers?

"I work in Credit Department at BoA (Senior Level Credit Analysist Boa Bldg 3rd fl, Char, NC). We just received memo indicating that all BoA credit cards are being closed as of 10/1. Credit score and income do not matter, all accounts are closed as of 10/1." Executive VP Bank of America

"This is true, but not as bad as he/she says. We are closing accounts, but only ones with credit scores under 750. We will reopen cards within a year as long as crisis lessens." - J.mcmanus / VP Credit Dept BOA

This makes ZERO sence. Why would you close them and then wait a year an open them again. I'm sure people are going to wait until BOA tells them it's ok to use their cards again. No way this has to be a joke right? 

Message 13 of 20
plasticguy
Established Contributor

http://itulip.com/forums/showthread.php?p=50671#post50671
Message 14 of 20
fused
Moderator Emeritus

plasticguy wrote:
BoA to close credit cards for approximately 60% of customers?

"I work in Credit Department at BoA (Senior Level Credit Analysist Boa Bldg 3rd fl, Char, NC). We just received memo indicating that all BoA credit cards are being closed as of 10/1. Credit score and income do not matter, all accounts are closed as of 10/1." Executive VP Bank of America

"This is true, but not as bad as he/she says. We are closing accounts, but only ones with credit scores under 750. We will reopen cards within a year as long as crisis lessens." - J.mcmanus / VP Credit Dept BOA

Do you have a source (link) proving any of this?
Message 15 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

He kinda left out the beginning of that post that states "This is just a rumor, but I'm passing it along anyway" in all of the one's I checked out.
Message 16 of 20
plasticguy
Established Contributor

http://itulip.com/forums/showthread.php?p=50671#post50671

Scroll down the page and you will read about BOFA. I didn't start the rumor. I just posted it 

Message 17 of 20
plasticguy
Established Contributor

Case closed!
Message 18 of 20
fused
Moderator Emeritus

The OP sited an unreliable discussion board as his source. Knowing this, it's not possible for this thread to head into any meaningful direction, so his thread is going to take a snooze.

Message 19 of 20
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

plasticguy wrote:

Hmmm...just checked and my card is still open, and my CL is still there. I don't have a 750 either. (note by hauling: this was posted by desifink)

Maybe you should work on buliding that score!! 

plasticguy, is there some particular reason that you felt it necessary to tell someone to work on building their score?

First of all, and most importantly, we request all members here to "Please be friendly, supportive and respectful!" This is on the page that lists all the forums, so it's right there every time you hop around from board to board.

Secondly, it's obviously a hoax. This is the end of the month, and we would certainly have heard about it if this had happened. Why bother posting this?

Thirdly, please use the quote function. When you hit "reply", it's right there dead center on the menu bar of the text box for your reply. It is terribly confusing to readers when they have to figure out if you're saying that you don't have 750 scores, or untangle who actually did.

Please keep all posts productive and supportive of others, or at least, not insulting.

Thank you,
hauling
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 20 of 20
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.