Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BOFA credit card denial?

tag
720ismygoal
Regular Contributor

BOFA credit card denial?

Hello all,

I just applied for a bank of america credit card and got the "further processing is needed." Any idea on whether i was approved or not? i would say that i got denied. just wanted everyones opinion.

Thanks.

Old Navy: AU $600----------------Walmart(store card): $900 & FICO: 680
Sears Mastercard: AU $300-----TU: FICO 652 April/2012
Emblemcard: $325------------------EQ: FICO 668 April/2012
Discover: $1,000-FICO 695 4/25/12---------Bringing home Amex in 2013!
Cap1: $750 Gardening mode until April 2013
Cap1: $500

Message 1 of 16
15 REPLIES 15
Epcot
Valued Contributor

Re: BOFA credit card denial?

You could always try calling and checking the app status. I think the number is 877-721-9405. If not approved you can try a recon, the number should be in the backdoor  numbers thread. They could just need to verify some information. Keep us posted!

Starting Score: EQ 717 EX 724 TU 736
Current Score: EQ 849 EX 835 TU 841
Message 2 of 16
maiden_girl
Valued Contributor

"Further processing needed" doesn't always mean a denial. Call the app status number for bofa and it will usually have more updated info. Good luck!

As of 2017, rebuilding...
Message 3 of 16
logan_720
Established Contributor

@maiden_girl wrote:

"Further processing needed" doesn't always mean a denial. Call the app status number for bofa and it will usually have more updated info. Good luck!

True that. I received that message when apping for the BofA Priveliges with Travel Rewards. I only knew I got it becuase I signed into my online account. I also received that same message when applying for my Chase Freedom card. I received an email like two weeks later congratualing me on the approval. I would call right away.

Message 4 of 16
maiden_girl
Valued Contributor

I got the same message when I apped for Chase Amazon. It was approved the next day.

As of 2017, rebuilding...
Message 5 of 16
migliogiorni
Established Contributor

I was given the same thing and called the next day to verify some info and was approved, not necessarily a denial, GL.

BOA: 8.9k
CSP: 5k
Discover: 5k
Citi TY Preferd: 5k
Wally: 5k
JCP: 4.9k
citiForward: 4.7k
ChaseFreedom: 4.5k
DFS: 2k
Message 6 of 16
CS800
Super Contributor

When I applied for the Privileges card, I got the same message, called and was approved within 5 minutes.

They probably just need to etiehr review your credit file further, or they need some additional info from you.

Message 7 of 16
resilient
Established Contributor

@720ismygoal wrote:

Hello all,

I just applied for a bank of america credit card and got the "further processing is needed." Any idea on whether i was approved or not? i would say that i got denied. just wanted everyones opinion.

Thanks.

So what was the outcome? Good, I hope!

PenFed Platinum Rewards Visa-$12k / US Bank Platinum Rewards Visa-$5k / Chase Freedom Visa-$5k / Chase Military Star MasterCard-$5k / TIC FCU Visa Gold-$5k / Chrysler MasterCard(FNBO)-$4.1k / Wyndham Rewards Platinum Visa-$2.5k / Service CU Platinum Visa-$10k / Bank of America Cash Rewards-$10k (all 9/2012, garden time!)

Amex Platinum Amex PRG Amex Hilton Surpass ($7k) Citi AAdvantage WEMC ($20k) Citi Hilton Honors VS ($6.8k) Dillard's Amex ($7.5k) Discover it ($6.5k) FNBO Chrysler MC ($30k) Military Star Card ($4.8k) Nordstrom VS ($25k) PenFed Power Cash Rewards VS ($20.5k) Ritz-Carlton VI ($54.5k) Starwood Preferred Guest Amex ($10k) Susan G. Komen WMC ($38k) Kinetic CU Visa ($10k) US Bank Cash + VS ($16k) Sears MC ($6k) USAA Limitless VS ($15k) Walmart MC ($7.5k) AAdvantage Aviator Silver WEMC ($11.3k)
Message 8 of 16
Cadillac-XTS
Established Contributor

+1

Message 9 of 16
720ismygoal
Regular Contributor

Denied! It's ok, i'm happy with my Discover. Next year i'll try Amex instead.

Old Navy: AU $600----------------Walmart(store card): $900 & FICO: 680
Sears Mastercard: AU $300-----TU: FICO 652 April/2012
Emblemcard: $325------------------EQ: FICO 668 April/2012
Discover: $1,000-FICO 695 4/25/12---------Bringing home Amex in 2013!
Cap1: $750 Gardening mode until April 2013
Cap1: $500

Message 10 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.