Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BOFA credit card denial?

tag
youngandcreditwrthy
Senior Contributor

Re: BOFA credit card denial?

Boa blows!! Boa and Citi are the only two banks that ever deny me... Save yourself the trouble... Discover and Amex ARE BETTER!!!!
Marriott PR$25k | BCE $24.5K |BankAmericard Visa $25k| BOA Better Bal $17.5k |Wmt Discover $12.5k | BR Visa $17.5k | Amex Delta Gold $10k | Discover IT $10k | Paypal Extras MC $15k | Amazon Store $10k|Smile Gen $7.25k | Dillard's $10k | West Elm $4k| Express $3.05K | Mypoints.com Visa $4.5k | Freedom Visa $1k| Amex Surpass $1k
Message 11 of 16
720ismygoal
Regular Contributor

Thanks for the encourougment! Discover is a lovely card and now Amex is next!

Old Navy: AU $600----------------Walmart(store card): $900 & FICO: 680
Sears Mastercard: AU $300-----TU: FICO 652 April/2012
Emblemcard: $325------------------EQ: FICO 668 April/2012
Discover: $1,000-FICO 695 4/25/12---------Bringing home Amex in 2013!
Cap1: $750 Gardening mode until April 2013
Cap1: $500

Message 12 of 16
youngandcreditwrthy
Senior Contributor

I just remember how rude they were when I tried to recon earlier this year, and the rep was so rude, and made it a point to tell me they didnt care how high my fico was!!!!! Oh well... As I said lol.. Amex & Discover are better cards/banks that don't get sued all the time for fraud/ mortgage related things lol!!!
:-)
Yw!
Marriott PR$25k | BCE $24.5K |BankAmericard Visa $25k| BOA Better Bal $17.5k |Wmt Discover $12.5k | BR Visa $17.5k | Amex Delta Gold $10k | Discover IT $10k | Paypal Extras MC $15k | Amazon Store $10k|Smile Gen $7.25k | Dillard's $10k | West Elm $4k| Express $3.05K | Mypoints.com Visa $4.5k | Freedom Visa $1k| Amex Surpass $1k
Message 13 of 16
720ismygoal
Regular Contributor

i agree. thanks dude!

Old Navy: AU $600----------------Walmart(store card): $900 & FICO: 680
Sears Mastercard: AU $300-----TU: FICO 652 April/2012
Emblemcard: $325------------------EQ: FICO 668 April/2012
Discover: $1,000-FICO 695 4/25/12---------Bringing home Amex in 2013!
Cap1: $750 Gardening mode until April 2013
Cap1: $500

Message 14 of 16
Cadillac-XTS
Established Contributor

They arent loyal to there checking/saving customers so the cc side doesnt surprise me one bit.

Message 15 of 16
RyVision
Valued Contributor

Since I haven't had my forum smack down for the week, I'll give my opinion and observation.  Smiley LOL

The BOA Constrictor (I've been calling them that for some time now, hoping to get it to stick LOL) did you a favor.   They're about the last large lender or bank you ever want to do business with.  As stated above, Discover and AMEX are much better (even though at times AMEX can be quirky, it's still much better).  Chase is usually better too, so are many CU's.

There is a reason there are a lot of people on these boards that aren't fond of the BOA Constrictor (though some are more than happy with them). I wouldn't want any product, checking, savings, CC, car loan or mortgage handled by them if my oldest VISA CC wasn't a BOA I wouldn't add one (I may still cancel it eventually).  A friend has a mortgage handled by them and he's looking to refinance not only to get a slightly better rate, but to escape any business relationship with BOA.

And Citi? They're still like spinning "The CL Wheel of Fortune" when applying, if they approve at all.  There have been amazingly good results posted by some here when applying for Citi, but they never seem consistent.  Oddly enough, they, like BOA have done some things (that continue to come to light)  that would suggest there are much more ethical financial institutions to be involved with.

AKA 840flippedto480
Message 16 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.