cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BOFA why must you tempt thou

Established Contributor

BOFA why must you tempt thou

The other day when I called in for a APR decrease. I noticed BOFA put  2 Balance Transfer promos on my account.  0% APR  to Mar 2014 , and 1.99 APR  to Jun14 transfer fee 4%.  Also includes cash advances to my checking account.  While I don't per say need the money , it a pretty cheap loan , and  I am going on a trip at end of March to SF.  I assume they are trying to entice me because my Utilization overall on my report is never above 5% , and I pif my sigga cash rewards  each month.



TU 715 No apps to 05/13 cash+ 5/13!!! 738 TU CSP April 13!!!CSP approved May 13!!!


Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES
Established Contributor

Re: BOFA why must you tempt thou


toppers555 wrote:

The other day when I called in for a APR decrease. I noticed BOFA put  2 Balance Transfer promos on my account.  0% APR  to Mar 2014 , and 1.99 APR  to Jun14 transfer fee 4%.  Also includes cash advances to my checking account.  While I don't per say need the money , it a pretty cheap loan , and  I am going on a trip at end of March to SF.  I assume they are trying to entice me because my Utilization overall on my report is never above 5% , and I pif my sigga cash rewards  each month.


I take advantage of offers like this all the time.

Gas: Discover It, Penfed Platinum Rewards x2, Chase freedom, Citi TYP
Plane tickets: CSP
Groceries: AMEX BCP, Penfed Platinum Rewards,Citi TYP
Clothes: Express, Amex BCP, Discover IT
Amazon: Citi Forward, Cash +
Restaurants: Citi Forward, Chase Freedom, Discover IT, CSP
Hotels and other travel: Discover Escape, CSP
Movies: BofA travel rewards visa signature(fandango), Discover IT, Citi Forward, Freedom
Bars, clubs, tomfoolery: CSP, Citi Forward, Discover IT, Freedom
Balance transfers: Kroger 123 rewards
Bill Pay: Chase Ink Plus, Citi Forward,
Everyday spending: Bofa Accelerated cash rewards amex, Discover Escape
Message 2 of 8
Mega Contributor

Re: BOFA why must you tempt thou

Thats some awesome offers!! BofA does get a lot of negative press here nice to see they are making some positive changes.



EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 3 of 8
Established Member

Re: BOFA why must you tempt thou

I also have these BT offers on my account. Plus today I called them and they upped my credit limit from $2, 500 to $12, 500 with only a SP (haven't seen any hard from them as yet) and upgraded my basic Bank Americard Visa card to a Travel Rewards card. They sent a feedback questionnaire to my email and I was effusive with praise for the excellent service I received from BofA. Smiley Happy

 

I also keep my overall util really low... just 1% and I used the BT offers on their card regularly and PIF. I guess they like that so they've decided to reward me for been a good customer.

Message 4 of 8
Established Contributor

Re: BOFA why must you tempt thou


LS2982 wrote:
Thats some awesome offers!! BofA does get a lot of negative press here nice to see they are making some positive changes.

Dare I say BofA/FIA really is awesome now.  They have been great to me in the last two years.  They have done 3 CLI (1 w/ hard pull), 4 PC's and reduced my purchases/BT's to 9.99%.  I just got the Fidelity Amex without a problem.  They always send me offers like 5x points on certain categories and offer special BT"S promotions.  They have been better to me than Chase has.   That is saying a lot because Chase also takes care of me but lately FIA has been on their game!  I like bank competition!  Too bad bad US Bank could not compete, RIP Cash+ you will be missed. 

Amex BCP/BC/Zync - Amex Business GR - Barclays NFL Visa Sig 49ers/Arrival - BoA BBR - Cap 1 Quicksilver - Citi Forward/Preferred - Chase Amazon/Freedom/Ink Plus - Discover IT - Fidelity Amex - GECRB Amazon/Walmart - PenFed PRV - Target - USAA Amex - US Bank CASH+/Club Carlson
Message 5 of 8
Established Member

Re: BOFA why must you tempt thou


flowfaster wrote:

LS2982 wrote:
Thats some awesome offers!! BofA does get a lot of negative press here nice to see they are making some positive changes.

Dare I say BofA/FIA really is awesome now.  They have been great to me in the last two years.  They have done 3 CLI (1 w/ hard pull), 4 PC's and reduced my purchases/BT's to 9.99%.  I just got the Fidelity Amex without a problem.  They always send me offers like 5x points on certain categories and offer special BT"S promotions.  They have been better to me than Chase has.   That is saying a lot because Chase also takes care of me but lately FIA has been on their game!  I like bank competition!  Too bad bad US Bank could not compete, RIP Cash+ you will be missed. 


Yes I think the big banks are finally loosening up after the great credit crunch of 09. They've been pumped with money from the Feds and I think they are in the mood to lend if you meet their profile. So far, the three bigs: Citi, Chase, and BofA have been good to me.

Message 6 of 8
Established Contributor

Re: BOFA why must you tempt thou


flowfaster wrote:

LS2982 wrote:
Thats some awesome offers!! BofA does get a lot of negative press here nice to see they are making some positive changes.

Dare I say BofA/FIA really is awesome now.  They have been great to me in the last two years.  They have done 3 CLI (1 w/ hard pull), 4 PC's and reduced my purchases/BT's to 9.99%.  I just got the Fidelity Amex without a problem.  They always send me offers like 5x points on certain categories and offer special BT"S promotions.  They have been better to me than Chase has.   That is saying a lot because Chase also takes care of me but lately FIA has been on their game!  I like bank competition!  Too bad bad US Bank could not compete, RIP Cash+ you will be missed. 


US Bank much of my business too.  I will also be using Chase much more.

Gas: Discover It, Penfed Platinum Rewards x2, Chase freedom, Citi TYP
Plane tickets: CSP
Groceries: AMEX BCP, Penfed Platinum Rewards,Citi TYP
Clothes: Express, Amex BCP, Discover IT
Amazon: Citi Forward, Cash +
Restaurants: Citi Forward, Chase Freedom, Discover IT, CSP
Hotels and other travel: Discover Escape, CSP
Movies: BofA travel rewards visa signature(fandango), Discover IT, Citi Forward, Freedom
Bars, clubs, tomfoolery: CSP, Citi Forward, Discover IT, Freedom
Balance transfers: Kroger 123 rewards
Bill Pay: Chase Ink Plus, Citi Forward,
Everyday spending: Bofa Accelerated cash rewards amex, Discover Escape
Message 7 of 8
Highlighted
Established Contributor

Re: BOFA why must you tempt thou

In the few years I have been with Bofa  I have not had anything but positive experiences. Also I got a suvery as well . Was happy to give the rep all 10's/



TU 715 No apps to 05/13 cash+ 5/13!!! 738 TU CSP April 13!!!CSP approved May 13!!!


Message 8 of 8