Reply
Established Contributor
Posts: 554
Registered: ‎09-28-2012
0

BOFA why must you tempt thou

The other day when I called in for a APR decrease. I noticed BOFA put  2 Balance Transfer promos on my account.  0% APR  to Mar 2014 , and 1.99 APR  to Jun14 transfer fee 4%.  Also includes cash advances to my checking account.  While I don't per say need the money , it a pretty cheap loan , and  I am going on a trip at end of March to SF.  I assume they are trying to entice me because my Utilization overall on my report is never above 5% , and I pif my sigga cash rewards  each month.



TU 715 No apps to 05/13 cash+ 5/13!!! 738 TU CSP April 13!!!CSP approved May 13!!!


Established Contributor
Posts: 652
Registered: ‎12-12-2012
0

Re: BOFA why must you tempt thou


toppers555 wrote:

The other day when I called in for a APR decrease. I noticed BOFA put  2 Balance Transfer promos on my account.  0% APR  to Mar 2014 , and 1.99 APR  to Jun14 transfer fee 4%.  Also includes cash advances to my checking account.  While I don't per say need the money , it a pretty cheap loan , and  I am going on a trip at end of March to SF.  I assume they are trying to entice me because my Utilization overall on my report is never above 5% , and I pif my sigga cash rewards  each month.


I take advantage of offers like this all the time.

Gas: Discover It, Penfed Platinum Rewards x2, Chase freedom, Citi TYP
Plane tickets: CSP
Groceries: AMEX BCP, Penfed Platinum Rewards,Citi TYP
Clothes: Express, Amex BCP, Discover IT
Amazon: Citi Forward, Cash +
Restaurants: Citi Forward, Chase Freedom, Discover IT, CSP
Hotels and other travel: Discover Escape, CSP
Movies: BofA travel rewards visa signature(fandango), Discover IT, Citi Forward, Freedom
Bars, clubs, tomfoolery: CSP, Citi Forward, Discover IT, Freedom
Balance transfers: Kroger 123 rewards
Bill Pay: Chase Ink Plus, Citi Forward,
Everyday spending: Bofa Accelerated cash rewards amex, Discover Escape
Mega Contributor
Posts: 15,442
Registered: ‎04-09-2011
0

Re: BOFA why must you tempt thou

Thats some awesome offers!! BofA does get a lot of negative press here nice to see they are making some positive changes.



Silver Spade Garden Club Member - Last App 12/16/13 - Looking for a clean slate NO INQ's / Diamond Inspired!
Starting Score:
EX (PLUS) 583 EQ FICO 565 TU FICO 590 3/15/2011 / Goal Scores: 720
Current Score: EX FICO (PSECU) 671 (myFICO) N/A / EQ FICO 679 / TU08 FICO 678 / TU VS 706 3/6/2014
Established Member
Posts: 106
Registered: ‎04-07-2011
0

Re: BOFA why must you tempt thou

I also have these BT offers on my account. Plus today I called them and they upped my credit limit from $2, 500 to $12, 500 with only a SP (haven't seen any hard from them as yet) and upgraded my basic Bank Americard Visa card to a Travel Rewards card. They sent a feedback questionnaire to my email and I was effusive with praise for the excellent service I received from BofA. :smileyhappy:

 

I also keep my overall util really low... just 1% and I used the BT offers on their card regularly and PIF. I guess they like that so they've decided to reward me for been a good customer.

Established Contributor
Posts: 792
Registered: ‎08-30-2011
0

Re: BOFA why must you tempt thou


LS2982 wrote:
Thats some awesome offers!! BofA does get a lot of negative press here nice to see they are making some positive changes.

Dare I say BofA/FIA really is awesome now.  They have been great to me in the last two years.  They have done 3 CLI (1 w/ hard pull), 4 PC's and reduced my purchases/BT's to 9.99%.  I just got the Fidelity Amex without a problem.  They always send me offers like 5x points on certain categories and offer special BT"S promotions.  They have been better to me than Chase has.   That is saying a lot because Chase also takes care of me but lately FIA has been on their game!  I like bank competition!  Too bad bad US Bank could not compete, RIP Cash+ you will be missed. 

Amex BCP/BC/Zync - Amex Business GR - Barclays NFL Visa Sig 49ers/Arrival - BoA BBR - Cap 1 Quicksilver - Citi Forward/Preferred - Chase Amazon/Freedom/Ink Plus - Discover IT - Fidelity Amex - GECRB Amazon/Walmart - PenFed PRV - Target - USAA Amex - US Bank CASH+/Club Carlson
Established Member
Posts: 106
Registered: ‎04-07-2011
0

Re: BOFA why must you tempt thou


flowfaster wrote:

LS2982 wrote:
Thats some awesome offers!! BofA does get a lot of negative press here nice to see they are making some positive changes.

Dare I say BofA/FIA really is awesome now.  They have been great to me in the last two years.  They have done 3 CLI (1 w/ hard pull), 4 PC's and reduced my purchases/BT's to 9.99%.  I just got the Fidelity Amex without a problem.  They always send me offers like 5x points on certain categories and offer special BT"S promotions.  They have been better to me than Chase has.   That is saying a lot because Chase also takes care of me but lately FIA has been on their game!  I like bank competition!  Too bad bad US Bank could not compete, RIP Cash+ you will be missed. 


Yes I think the big banks are finally loosening up after the great credit crunch of 09. They've been pumped with money from the Feds and I think they are in the mood to lend if you meet their profile. So far, the three bigs: Citi, Chase, and BofA have been good to me.

Established Contributor
Posts: 652
Registered: ‎12-12-2012
0

Re: BOFA why must you tempt thou


flowfaster wrote:

LS2982 wrote:
Thats some awesome offers!! BofA does get a lot of negative press here nice to see they are making some positive changes.

Dare I say BofA/FIA really is awesome now.  They have been great to me in the last two years.  They have done 3 CLI (1 w/ hard pull), 4 PC's and reduced my purchases/BT's to 9.99%.  I just got the Fidelity Amex without a problem.  They always send me offers like 5x points on certain categories and offer special BT"S promotions.  They have been better to me than Chase has.   That is saying a lot because Chase also takes care of me but lately FIA has been on their game!  I like bank competition!  Too bad bad US Bank could not compete, RIP Cash+ you will be missed. 


US Bank much of my business too.  I will also be using Chase much more.

Gas: Discover It, Penfed Platinum Rewards x2, Chase freedom, Citi TYP
Plane tickets: CSP
Groceries: AMEX BCP, Penfed Platinum Rewards,Citi TYP
Clothes: Express, Amex BCP, Discover IT
Amazon: Citi Forward, Cash +
Restaurants: Citi Forward, Chase Freedom, Discover IT, CSP
Hotels and other travel: Discover Escape, CSP
Movies: BofA travel rewards visa signature(fandango), Discover IT, Citi Forward, Freedom
Bars, clubs, tomfoolery: CSP, Citi Forward, Discover IT, Freedom
Balance transfers: Kroger 123 rewards
Bill Pay: Chase Ink Plus, Citi Forward,
Everyday spending: Bofa Accelerated cash rewards amex, Discover Escape
Established Contributor
Posts: 554
Registered: ‎09-28-2012
0

Re: BOFA why must you tempt thou

In the few years I have been with Bofa  I have not had anything but positive experiences. Also I got a suvery as well . Was happy to give the rep all 10's/



TU 715 No apps to 05/13 cash+ 5/13!!! 738 TU CSP April 13!!!CSP approved May 13!!!


Advertiser Disclosure: The listings that appear on myFICO are from companies from which myFICO receives compensation, which may impact how and where products appear on myFICO (including, for example, the order in which they appear). myFICO does not review or include all companies or all available products.

Copyright ©2001-2015 Fair Isaac Corporation. All rights reserved.   | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Sitemap

IMPORTANT INFORMATION: All FICO® Score products made available on myFICO.com include a FICO® Score 8, along with additional FICO® Score versions. Your lender or insurer may use a different FICO® Score than the versions you receive from myFICO, or another type of credit score altogether. Learn more

FICO, myFICO, Score Watch, The score lenders use, and The Score That Matters are trademarks or registered trademarks of Fair Isaac Corporation. Equifax Credit Report is a trademark of Equifax, Inc. and its affiliated companies. Many factors affect your FICO Score and the interest rates you may receive. Fair Isaac is not a credit repair organization as defined under federal or state law, including the Credit Repair Organizations Act. Fair Isaac does not provide "credit repair" services or advice or assistance regarding "rebuilding" or "improving" your credit record, credit history or credit rating. FTC's website on credit.