cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BOO HOO Salute Visa closed my account :(!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: BOO HOO Salute Visa closed my account :(!

I have had my credit card with Salute Visa a little over 2 years now.  I was one of the ones that had to start low and build my credit limit.  Every month I use my card and pay my balance off in full every month.  I used my card yesterday to get gas and today I went to buy my dinner and my card was declined.   Knowing that I just paid it off and recently used it, my first thought was credit card fraud.  I call the customer service number and of course the rep on the other end barely spoke English.  When he was trying to explain it to me I became more upset because I couldn't understand a word he was saying!  I asked to speak with someone else and they hung up on me.  I am highly upset about this!!  I am not one to want many credit cards, obviously I have not so good credit because I have a card with them!!!  My question, if they knew they were going to be cancelling our accounts, why didn't we receive notification BEFORE the cards were deactivated???  THere is nothing more embarassing than when your credit card is declined and you know that you have an available balance.   I am going to be doing my fair share of research about this.  I can't believe they can do such a thing and actually get away with it.  Especially for someone like myself that doesn't have any late payments and pays the full balance each and every month!! 
Message 11 of 44
Anonymous
Not applicable

yes, I too had my salute closed today.  I got a little angry with the foreign speaking lady because

1. I couldn't understand a word she was saying.

2. I just last week reported my card lost or stolen and received my new card yesterday, today the account was closed.  Why would they send me a replacement card if they knew the accounts were closing?

3. She informed me my letter was mailed out yesterday so when I get it I will check into the legalities of the account maintenance fee when the account is closed.

Message 12 of 44
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi All! I just received my dumb letter and I too am going to file a complaint!  It's very strange though because as I said, my DH account is still active.  It's obvious, that these banks are only about the money!  My advice to everyone is to leave a small balance on your card every month so they can charge you some interest and make a few cents otherwise, they will shut you down!  I think that was where I made my mistake.  At first, I was using at least 25% of my limit and letting it report but then I started PIF and letting only 10% report and I don't think that they like that they weren't making that interest on me any more. So sry to every1 who found out the hard way by having your charge declined Smiley Sad!

I'm still concerned though because I also have a Tribute card $1,750 cl through Urban Trust/Compucredit (whoever) and I'm wondering if they will close that one without notice too!

Message 13 of 44
Anonymous
Not applicable

Its all over the boards they closed everyones account. 

But listen, some folks had CL over 2K with no annual fee and others with lower ficos were on the other program with the auto CLI and reduced annual fees each consecutive year. Here is the thing though, how are they going to charge you the annual fee then close the account without crediting the fee? That doesnt seem right to me...!

No 2, if you have other compucredit cards like (Tribute, Aspen, Etc) better jump ship!

Message Edited by ash4557 on 11-06-2008 11:02 AM
Message 14 of 44
Anonymous
Not applicable

Same thing happened this morning.  I immediately asked to speak to a supervisor as my account was over limit, always paid more than minimum and actually haven't used it in about 2 months.  This was the first card I've had since filing BK in 1/2007.  They are apparently making no money off me, so good riddance.  I went online to - Dont laugh www.hooters.com after hearing they work with people rebuilding credit.  My application was processed and I received a call this afternoon verifying information and approving my account.  My new card should be in the mail in 7 business days!

Message 15 of 44
jmbfl
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Same thing happened this morning.  I immediately asked to speak to a supervisor as my account was over limit, always paid more than minimum and actually haven't used it in about 2 months.  This was the first card I've had since filing BK in 1/2007.  They are apparently making no money off me, so good riddance.  I went online to - Dont laugh www.hooters.com after hearing they work with people rebuilding credit.  My application was processed and I received a call this afternoon verifying information and approving my account.  My new card should be in the mail in 7 business days!

You won't like hooters for long. Current freeze on all CLI.

Message 16 of 44
Anonymous
Not applicable

I would be very interested to see how many people still get charged the monthly maintenence fee.  I'm anxious to get my next statement.  I honestly also don't have any faith that, now that they are closed, my payments will be applied and processed in a timely manner (not that they were anyway, they always took an extra couple of days to apply my payment versus other credit cards).  I'm unfortunately not in a position where I can pay this card off relatively soon....
Message 17 of 44
Anonymous
Not applicable

I also had my account closed by Salute on Nov 5, 2008.

I've had my card for 2 years, have never paid late, never missed a payment, always paid more then the min.

Without warning they took away my card, and I this paid my annual fee a few months ago.

Message 18 of 44
Anonymous
Not applicable

Ive had my card just over a year, and just was charged a $150.00 annual fee. I called and spoke to a supervisor. He said that my next statement will reflect a prorated annual fee for the 2 months I had the card.

As for account fees and interest-I did not ask him, but my paralegal says that it is illegal for them to charge us fees and interest on a closed account. I called this number which is different from the one on our cards and in the letter

888-566-9168

Hope this helps.

Message 19 of 44
jmbfl
Valued Contributor

The fees are questionable. The interest is not! They most definely can and will continue to assess the finance charge until your account is paid in full.
Message 20 of 44
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.