Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BP Visa Cash Back

tag
pipeguy
Senior Contributor

BP Visa Cash Back

Recently approved for the BP Visa and from 5/28 to 6/7/15 I've put $441 on the card so far. At this point I'm offered $1.12 per gal off on a fill up of up to 20 gal OR I just noticed BP is offering me a statement credit of $16.80 which works out to 84 cents per gal on a 20 gal fill up. Since I only have a 17.5 gal tank, I expect to fill up both of my cars at the same pump to insure I get the 20 gal but I'll probably hold out until I get $2.00 OFF per gal.

I know the extra cash back or fuel saving are just for the first 90 days, but since I run $3k +/- through cards every month, it'll be fun to see how "cheap" I can buy gas with the BP Visa cash back.

I'm currently at $1.12 a gal back - wonder where everyone else might be Smiley Wink

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: BP Visa Cash Back

Nice. Congrats on the approval! I have a couple of gas guzzlers so I know how that can add up Smiley Surprised

Message 2 of 4
core
Valued Contributor

@pipeguy wrote:

Since I only have a 17.5 gal tank, I expect to fill up both of my cars at the same pump to insure I get the 20 gal

I find it's a lot less hassle to keep an empty 5gal jug in my trunk and fill some of that after my tank is full.  Driving two cars at once to the gas station takes more skill than I've got.

Message 3 of 4
pipeguy
Senior Contributor

@core wrote:

@pipeguy wrote:

Since I only have a 17.5 gal tank, I expect to fill up both of my cars at the same pump to insure I get the 20 gal

I find it's a lot less hassle to keep an empty 5gal jug in my trunk and fill some of that after my tank is full.  Driving two cars at once to the gas station takes more skill than I've got.

Heh, a chore for the wife - she gets free gas too

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.