Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BP Visa gas card

tag
Scene
Regular Contributor

BP Visa gas card

Sooo I was looking for several prospective credit cards to apply for in the future and I came across this slightly controversial and aesthetically pleasing card:

Benefits include:

5% rebates at BP gas stations

2% rebates at eligible travel and dining

1% rebates for everything else

(The rebates can come in the form of a check payable to you, a BP gift card, or a donation to The Conservation Fund)

source: Chase/BP

Yes, I know this card has the basic "cookie cutter" benefits that every other gas card or general rewards card has, but that does not concern me at this time. I am pretty certain everybody is familiar with the "BP oil incident" on the Gulf, so do you think presenting this card for purchases at environmental organizations (or just places in general) would raise some eyebrows?

I can only imagine the shenanigans that this card would raise if I were to use this card at some radical environmentalist store, or use it to make a donation to these radicalists (of course you would have to do the donation in person and not over the internet).

I hope Chase doesn't discontinue this card anytime soon because as soon as my inquiries fall off, I am apping for this.

imo: this card looks awesome! it's soo green too~

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
aftermath
Established Contributor

Re: BP Visa gas card

@Scene wrote:

Sooo I was looking for several prospective credit cards to apply for in the future and I came across this slightly controversial and aesthetically pleasing card:

Benefits include:

(The rebates can come in the form of a check payable to you, a BP gift card, or a donation to The Conservation Fund)

Yes, I know this card has the basic "cookie cutter" benefits that every other gas card or general rewards card has, but that does not concern me at this time. I am pretty certain everybody is familiar with the "BP oil incident" on the Gulf, so do you think presenting this card for purchases at environmental organizations (or just places in general) would raise some eyebrows?

I can only imagine the shenanigans that this card would raise if I were to use this card at some radical environmentalist store, or use it to make a donation to these radicalists (of course you would have to do the donation in person and not over the internet).

I hope Chase doesn't discontinue this card anytime soon because as soon as my inquiries fall off, I am apping for this.

I thought they discontinued this card a long time ago. Smiley Indifferent

American Express Blue Cash Everyday $6600
Barclays US Airways Premier World Mastercard $14500
Chase Sapphire Preferred $5000
Chase Freedom Visa $1000
Chase United Explorer $8500
Citi AAdvantage Platinum Select Visa Signature $7500
Citi ThankYou Premier World Mastercard $7500
Message 2 of 7
Scene
Regular Contributor

@aftermath wrote:

@Scene wrote:

Benefits include:

I thought they discontinued this card a long time ago. Smiley Indifferent

I don't think so, I even checked bp.com and navigated to the application (bp.com > products & services > gas & fuel cards > united states > under "bp consumer credit cards" > Apply now).

The application is still there sooo they must still be issuing it.

Message 3 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

The forrest image on this card looks so much better. But to each his own. I thought about applying for this card for my gas purchases before deciding on the citi dividends card. I decided against it since I would have to go a bit out of the way to use it at any BP stations.

Message 4 of 7
vish1
Valued Contributor

I don't see many BP gas stations around me. I think there were a few which vanished, probably changed to sumth else...

Citi Hilton Reserve 22.3K | Citi Thank You 8.2K | CSP 15.5K | Chase Freedom 10K | Chase BA 15K | Chase United 8.5K | Chase Marriott 5K | Discover IT 9K | Club Carlson 13K | Amex SPG 20K | BofA Cash Rewards 11K | BofA Cash Rewards 50K
Message 5 of 7
Scene
Regular Contributor

@kilpela wrote:

The forrest image on this card looks so much better. But to each his own. I thought about applying for this card for my gas purchases before deciding on the citi dividends card. I decided against it since I would have to go a bit out of the way to use it at any BP stations.

I just love the simplicity of the card and it's soo green. It makes me feel peaceful but when I see the bp logo, it reminds of that stark image of the oil spill.

But after a couple of seconds, the bp logo itself is kind of mesmerizing and the awful image of the oil spill slowly fades away!

Message 6 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

BP + Chase = Leaky credit line...Jokes aside, if I had this card I'd benefit alot from it (they sell cheapest gas in my area after costco)
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.