Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BR/Gap/Old Navy Cardholder Shopping Days Promo

tag
JustMe77
Frequent Contributor

BR/Gap/Old Navy Cardholder Shopping Days Promo

I received an email today that said that Jan 20 - Jan 29 were cardholder shopper days. You can earn double points if you pay with your Banana Card, Gap Card, or Old Navy card, and triple points if you pay with your BR Luxe card.

Well, I spent $400-ish on  Jan. 26 with my BR Visa. I already have my statement because my statement ended on Jan 27., and I didn't get double or triple points (I had a BR Luxe Visa but i think it renews on Jan. 1st so I just have the normal BR Visa).

Do those promos really not apply to Visa holders? That's lame. It does just say Banana Card in the promo email. 

I never noticed this before, kind of annoying. Are there a lot of promos for store-only or Visa-only? I didn't realize there was a distinction between the two, other than being able to use the Visa everywhere obviously.

Current Cards: Banana Republic Visa ($5,300), Chase Freedom ($2,000), Discover It ($11,500), Amex Costco True Earnings ($5,000), Chase Slate ($2,500)
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
frogfan12
Established Contributor

Re: BR/Gap/Old Navy Cardholder Shopping Days Promo

If the promo is until today, then you could get points that post next statement. And I don't know why they'd have a promo that didn't extend to all cardholders. I'm sure it's for all. And if that's the case I want to go to ON today!

Starting Score: 760
Current Score: 716 Equifax 754 TU 736 Experian
Goal Score: 760
Message 2 of 4
frogfan12
Established Contributor

I would also like to add that I never got any such e-mail. I feel like Old Navy does not communicate well with its customers. I've randomly gone into the store only to find out that it's Stuff and Save. They don't know my address to share info about sales and special promos but they sure know my address to send me a bill.

Starting Score: 760
Current Score: 716 Equifax 754 TU 736 Experian
Goal Score: 760
Message 3 of 4
JustMe77
Frequent Contributor

@frogfan12 wrote:

I would also like to add that I never got any such e-mail. I feel like Old Navy does not communicate well with its customers. I've randomly gone into the store only to find out that it's Stuff and Save. They don't know my address to share info about sales and special promos but they sure know my address to send me a bill.

I didn't get the email until yesterday, which was weird. You should check your email alert preferences, you might have opted out. I get promo emails from them at least 1x/week. I refuse to buy anything full price from their stores, now, because I've been spoiled by the promos that come with the card. A lot of the times they have a similar promo going on with the website, for non-cardholders, though.

Current Cards: Banana Republic Visa ($5,300), Chase Freedom ($2,000), Discover It ($11,500), Amex Costco True Earnings ($5,000), Chase Slate ($2,500)
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.