Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BT Approval Possibility? Best strategy with high utilization! Avg 730 Score

tag
talljoker
New Visitor

BT Approval Possibility? Best strategy with high utilization! Avg 730 Score

Happy New Years, 

Came here after a friend told me about it. I am looking to do some BT transfers and looking for 0% or the 2.99%

Right

Card

Credit Limit

Balance

Utilization

APR

Chase Sapphire

88%

14.99%

Chase United

27%

14.99%

USAA Amex

40%

10.99%

Looking  at adding the following. 

Card

Rate

Term

Navy Federal

2.99% (0%)

12 Months

Discover It

0% (3% BT)

18 Months

Citi Simplicity

0% (3%)

18 Months

As for strategy would it better for myself to lower the Chase and then apply for them? The NavyFederal has until Feb 28th, to get a hold of that. My income is approx. 70K, credit score is 720 (Got a mortgage in August) and I would bring this down and do the challenge.

Is this overly hopeful or is there a chance? Are there better offers out there that people have seen? I am using all the main websites in my search but would rather get your input. 

Thanks for the help!

Jared

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
daybreakgonesXe
Valued Contributor

Re: BT Approval Possibility? Best strategy with high utilization! Avg 730 Score

@talljoker wrote:

Happy New Years, 

Came here after a friend told me about it. I am looking to do some BT transfers and looking for 0% or the 2.99%

Right

Card

Credit Limit

Balance

Utilization

APR

Chase Sapphire

88%

14.99%

Chase United

27%

14.99%

USAA Amex

40%

10.99%

Looking  at adding the following. 

Card

Rate

Term

Navy Federal

2.99% (0%)

12 Months

Discover It

0% (3% BT)

18 Months

Citi Simplicity

0% (3%)

18 Months

As for strategy would it better for myself to lower the Chase and then apply for them? The NavyFederal has until Feb 28th, to get a hold of that. My income is approx. 70K, credit score is 720 (Got a mortgage in August) and I would bring this down and do the challenge.

Is this overly hopeful or is there a chance? Are there better offers out there that people have seen? I am using all the main websites in my search but would rather get your input. 

Thanks for the help!

Jared

Have you considered the Slate? 0% intro offer plus 0% balance transfer fee.

Obviously you should pay down your Sapphire card a bit more (maybe 50% at the most? anybody have experience with high balances on Chase and applying for a new card out there?), then go for it. Chase already gave you a high limit, I'm sure they'll give you another one! Also check out the Chase pre-qual, see if it's an offer!

If not the Slate, definitely go for the Discover IT. after the 0% intro period, you'll be able to earn rewards after you're done paying off your debt to help offset some of the costs!

All the best!

Message 2 of 5
Luscher
Valued Contributor

The only problem with getting the slate is you cannot BT your Sapphire and United debt to it, so should probably look elsewhere.
CHASE FREEDOM | AMEX BCE | | BOFA REWARDS | CITI TYP | Quicksilver | DISCOVER IT | Sallie Mae | CHASE CSP
--------$32,000-------------$30,000-----------$30,000-----------$30,000-----$13,000---------$18,200----------$15,000---------$6,500----

FICO - TU: 780 EX: 784 EQ: 781
Message 3 of 5
youngandcreditwrthy
Senior Contributor

I got approved for my $6k CSP while have 50% util on a $5k Freedom.

There was a 24 month 0% offer for the Barclay Rewards mastercard out there on Credit Karma I think but it may be gone now.
Marriott PR$25k | BCE $24.5K |BankAmericard Visa $25k| BOA Better Bal $17.5k |Wmt Discover $12.5k | BR Visa $17.5k | Amex Delta Gold $10k | Discover IT $10k | Paypal Extras MC $15k | Amazon Store $10k|Smile Gen $7.25k | Dillard's $10k | West Elm $4k| Express $3.05K | Mypoints.com Visa $4.5k | Freedom Visa $1k| Amex Surpass $1k
Message 4 of 5
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

I would just apply for Navy... you have good chance of getting instant approval of $25k and then you can just put it all on that!

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.