Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BT Checks - Slate or...

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

BT Checks - Slate or...

I'm sure I've read here about people getting BT checks from Chase. I think in the past they've been sent to me unsolicited on my Amazon Visa. I was considering doing something with my Slate (current $0 bal). I'm weighing my different options between different 0% BT offers and some taxes that I need to pay. CA state taxes where the lowest cost for using a card is 2+%. I could use the BT to pay off a card and use the money I was going to pay the card with to pay the taxes, but I figured I'd hit up Chase for a check on my Slate just to have options. I sent a SM and got this: 

Thank you for contacting Chase about ordering access
checks.

I appreciate the time you have taken to inquire about
ordering access cheeks. I am sorry there are no offers for
checks that access your account available at this time,
However, if you would like to transfer a balance please
contact us through the Secure Messaging Center at
chase.com, or call us at the number listed below. We are
available to help anytime.

I regret that I am unable to meet your expectations in
this matter. If you have any further questions, please
reply using the Secure Message Center.

Thank you,

Anyone have success with BT checks from Slate? Should I call instead? Should I just BT to another card and pay the taxes? 

I recently learned on another thread that a BT on SM would be a good option (and a lower %fee) but I wanted to use Slate as it just affects my credit while SM affects both DH and I. He's carrying the load of our current 0% stuff so I'd rather not weigh him down anymore. If I opted for SM, I'm pretty sure I've heard people have gotten checks from Barclays. 

The remaining potential option is taking DH off A+ as an AU and seeing if I get a BT offer on the A+ when my next statement closes. I'm not planning on using it much anymore, so that'd be a good use for it. 

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
NRB525
Super Contributor

Re: BT Checks - Slate or...

Which other cards do you have? How many 0% BT balances are you juggling now?

It sounds like Slate wants to do a BT, not a check.

High Bal Jan 2009 $116k on $146k limits 80% Util.
Oct 2014 $46k on $127k 36% util EQ 722 TU 727 EX 727
April 2018 $18k on $344k 5% util EQ 806 TU 810 EX 812
Jan 2019 $7.6k on $360k EQ 832 TU 839 EX 831
March 2021 $33k on $312k EQ 796 TU 798 EX 801
May 2021 Paid all Installments and Mortgages, one new Mortgage EQ 761 TY 774 EX 777
April 2022 EQ=811 TU=807 EX=805 - TU VS 3.0 765
Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.