Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BT Question

tag
Skye12329
Valued Contributor

BT Question

So i have chatted with Discover but i just want to make sure. For a BT of a store card e.g BBY and Sears. Whom do i put down for the lender name? Sears or Citi? same with BBY? Discover said i would put down the store name since they issued the credit but just want to make sure.

Also in the event of the wrong account being processed e.g i put down Sears but needed to put down Citi and it gets processed. What would i do then?

BK7 - 2/21
Cap1 QS - 2k (4/21)
Mission Lane - 4k (11/21)
Venmo - 900 (11/21)
SavorOne - 2500 (12/21)
VentureOne - 2000 (7/22)
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Re: BT Question

@Skye12329 wrote:

So i have chatted with Discover but i just want to make sure. For a BT of a store card e.g BBY and Sears. Whom do i put down for the lender name? Sears or Citi? same with BBY? Discover said i would put down the store name since they issued the credit but just want to make sure.

Also in the event of the wrong account being processed e.g i put down Sears but needed to put down Citi and it gets processed. What would i do then?

The answer to who and what account number should be located on your payment remittance for that issuer. Similar to setting up bill pay from your bank. 

Message 2 of 3
destine2grow
Frequent Contributor

Re: BT Question

I just learned something new. I had no idea I could BT a store card.

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.