Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BT Question

tag
ltspongebob
Valued Member

BT Question

Hi All,

Anyone with experience with BTs please chime in.  I would like to take advantage of a great BT offer and transfer some of DW card balance to one of mine.  Is this possible or does the balance have to be in my name?  We have completely separate cc accounts; none of our CCs are joint.

Thanks!

FICO '08=764
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: BT Question

From my understanding it can be from another account not in your name. I've never done it myself, but I've read lots of stories from others who have. Some paid off cards in their spouse's name, child's name, and even a friend's name.

Message 2 of 5
Scupra
Super Contributor

You can do that no problem Smiley Happy

Filed BK7: 7/2012 (start score EQ 560 / TU 529) Discharge 10/2012
801 EQ FICO 06/2022
797 TU FICO 04/2022
793 EX FICO 04/2022
$30k NFCU Platinum | $30.7k NFCU cashRewards Sig | $15k NavChek | $7.1k Cap1 Quicksilver | $10k Amazon Store | $19k Cap1 VentureOne | $16k Barclay Aviator | $5k Chase Freedom | $5k Chase Sapphire Preferred | $9k Costco Visa | $20k AMEX BCE | AMEX Gold | NFCU Platinum #2 $19.3k | Apple $8.5k
Message 3 of 5
ltspongebob
Valued Member

Thanks for the quick replies!

FICO '08=764
Message 4 of 5
Dw4250
Valued Contributor

@ltspongebob wrote:

Hi All,

Anyone with experience with BTs please chime in.  I would like to take advantage of a great BT offer and transfer some of DW card balance to one of mine.  Is this possible or does the balance have to be in my name?  We have completely separate cc accounts; none of our CCs are joint.

Thanks!

Yes you can do this.  Did they send you any convenience checks?  Then it's really easy! Smiley Wink  Which bank is giving her the offer?  

I would still advise reading the fine print carefully just to be sure they do not explicitly state it is not permitted.

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.