cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BT from Amazon Store Card - Which Card Might Allow This?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

BT from Amazon Store Card - Which Card Might Allow This?

I have a balance on an Amazon Store Card that I'd like to transfer to another card.

I've heard mixed things about being able to transfer from this card, since it is a Store card, and not an actual credit card.

Has anyone had any luck?  I'm trying to decide between PenFed, BoA (since I already have HPs from each I could still use) or Chase Slate, since I heard someone has transferred from a store card to them before.  

Do I have any options?  I'd prefer the card that might give me the highest SL so that my utilization won't go crazy.  Smiley Happy

Thanks!

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
fltireguy
Valued Contributor

Re: BT from Amazon Store Card - Which Card Might Allow This?

You should be able to do a BT from any card- store card or MC Visa etc. doesn’t matter
NFCU $60.4k/PenFed $22.5k/Commerce $15K/53 $11K/Synovus $14K/BBT $11K/CapOne $12K/DCU $7.5K/BMO $7.5K/Chase $14.5k/Cabelas $10K/ and many many more!
Total CL $398600, plus car and RV loan.
Ooh. Ooh. Getting closer to that $500K mark!
Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you!

I went ahead and applied for a Penfed Promise, and was approved for $8000 - and was able to immediately started a balance transfer from my Amazon Store card.  Smiley Happy

I just filled out the Penfed customer survey they sent yesterday also, and am hoping they'll let me bump up that $8000 to closer to $15000 so my overall utilization will look nicer.  Here's hoping!

Message 3 of 6
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Amazon store card to me is a credit card, i know its not the traditional one but it has a limit and can be used like a credit card, lol, i actually do have the card Smiley Wink Semantics i guess. Smiley Wink
Message 4 of 6
fltireguy
Valued Contributor

AJC quit being so darn technical. Lol
NFCU $60.4k/PenFed $22.5k/Commerce $15K/53 $11K/Synovus $14K/BBT $11K/CapOne $12K/DCU $7.5K/BMO $7.5K/Chase $14.5k/Cabelas $10K/ and many many more!
Total CL $398600, plus car and RV loan.
Ooh. Ooh. Getting closer to that $500K mark!
Message 5 of 6
UncleB
Credit Mentor

This thread is locked and closed to new messages.

The new thread can be found here:  http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Card-Approvals/Penfed-Promise-Approval-for-8000/m-p/5087444

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.