Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BT question for friend

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

BT question for friend

Hi all, a friend of mine is looking for a BT card that will allow her to move some money from a high interest card. She has about $10k in debt on a Cap1 card with an interest rate of 11% (but only until September). Her score is around 678 for TU, but she doesn't know her others. Her biggest issue is her util is at 72% (no lates or anything though). I know that her other scores are needed, but unfortunately she doens't have those at this moment. Thoughts on a BT to a different card with her utilization being that high? Or would she be better off looking at a personal loan type of deal? i know this question has been asked a lot, so I apologize for the repeat. 

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
DantGwyrdd
Frequent Contributor

Re: BT question for friend

Eh, unfortunatelly with those scores and that util I'd be surprised if your friend got approved at all and even if she did I doubt she'd get a usable BT limit relative to the amount of debt ($10k), but of course, YMMV.

Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

@DantGwyrdd wrote:

Eh, unfortunatelly with those scores and that util I'd be surprised if your friend got approved at all and even if she did I doubt she'd get a usable BT limit relative to the amount of debt ($10k), but of course, YMMV.

Have to agree.  That's a pretty high utilization and getting a BT card for that amount is pretty much impossible.

Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@DantGwyrdd wrote:

Have to agree.  That's a pretty high utilization and getting a BT card for that amount is pretty much impossible.

Honestly this was my thought process too, but I had some hopes....

Message 4 of 5
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

My only though would be if she somehow got a Navy card and one of those miracle sl's. Sorry Smc, wish her the best. Smiley Happy
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.