cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BT takes really long (BBVA to Disc), if not lost?

tag
vwgrrc
Regular Contributor

BT takes really long (BBVA to Disc), if not lost?

Hey all,

I scheduled a balance transfer from my BBVA Compass NBA card to my new Discover a couple weeks ago. It took Discover about 5 days to process it and the status changed to "Funds Sent". Now, another 5 days passed, my BBVA account still showing the original balance. With the payment due 6/15 approching, I'm a bit worry that I have to pay the full balance on BBVA if the BT still doesn't apply by then.

Anyone has expericence this before? How long it usually take? If the BT show up after I PIF, can I request a check for the negative balance from BBVA? Thanks!

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
UncleB
Credit Mentor

Re: BT takes really long (BBVA to Disc), if not lost?

@vwgrrc wrote:

Hey all,

I scheduled a balance transfer from my BBVA Compass NBA card to my new Discover a couple weeks ago. It took Discover about 5 days to process it and the status changed to "Funds Sent". Now, another 5 days passed, my BBVA account still showing the original balance. With the payment due 6/15 approching, I'm a bit worry that I have to pay the full balance on BBVA if the BT still doesn't apply by then.

Anyone has expericence this before? How long it usually take? If the BT show up after I PIF, can I request a check for the negative balance from BBVA? Thanks!

When I did my own BT to Discover (with Discover sending the funds) it was really quick, as in less than a week.

You might want to give them a call to see if there's a way they can see where it stands (or at least how the funds were sent, i.e. check or electronic).

If it were me, I would make a minimum payment on or before the due date just to make sure you wouldn't be late, then when the funds do arrive you can either request a credit balance refund or just charge against the credit (which would be easier to me).  Smiley Wink

Message 2 of 3
RonM21
Valued Contributor

Re: BT takes really long (BBVA to Disc), if not lost?

Agree. Get that minimum payment made to cover it just in case. Then, also call to find out the status.

Total CL: $321.7kUTL: 2%AAoA: 7.0yrsBaddies: 0Other: Lease, Loan, *No Mortgage, All Inq's from Jun '20 Car Shopping

BoA-55k | NFCU-45k | AMEX-42k | DISC-40.6k | PENFED-38.4k | LOWES-35k | ALLIANT-25k | CITI-15.7k | BARCLAYS-15k | CHASE-10k

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.