Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BT to Citi or Chase

tag
keithB
Established Contributor

Re: BT to Citi or Chase

@Irisa wrote:

Personally I would go with Chase Slate. It usually has no transfer fees for the first 60 days. Plus, I think Chase offers better cards than Citi. In the future you can transfer that CL to another Chase card if you don't want to keep the Slate. 

I would agree that Slate is a good card and if you think you can make the credit line desired, probably a better card than Citi.  But I would be worried about the CL.  I've seen many Chase cards with $500-$1000 but not many Citi under $2000.

Message 11 of 14
keithB
Established Contributor

@selena wrote:

@Irisa wrote:

Personally I would go with Chase Slate. It usually has no transfer fees for the first 60 days. Plus, I think Chase offers better cards than Citi. In the future you can transfer that CL to another Chase card if you don't want to keep the Slate. 

Thats what I was thinking of doing and just transfer my CL to my Freedom.

Oh, that's different!!!!!

I read right over the Freedom.... I'm sorry.  The second card with Chase is suppose to be the larger CL so please ignor my reccomending Citi.  My apologies for mucking up your thread Smiley Surprised

Message 12 of 14
selena
Contributor

@keithB wrote:

I think you will get a larger credit line with Citi, over Chase then.  Citi gave me $5000 CL off the bat and will most likely give you $2000 as i rarely hear of someone getting approved for less than $2000.

But, go to Citi Bank website and do the pre-qualified offer thing.  I think a Simplicity card would be a better match as Diamond preferred I'm pretty sure has a higher requirement.  See which one the website recommends for you as I hear Diamond Preferred invitations isn't set in stone.  I actually received one for 11.9% and when app'd they declined me - and I have a $5000 Simplicity with them.  But my file is VERY thin and I've been apping too much lately Smiley Wink

@selena wrote:

@keithB wrote:

@selena wrote:

They do on their website I just assumed maybe it was part of my personal offer or something since they gave me an exact APR to expect after my intro APR ended instead of listing them all. I recieved both offers in the mail if that makes a difference.

Haha... Well, if it was me personally, I'd go for the extra 3 months if I thought I would need it.  

But you can always apply for the one card now and in a year, if it's not looking like you are going to make the BT 0% cut off, Apply for another card with 0% and suffle the debt to the new company.

All this, of course, is dependant on how much of a credit line they give you.  Are you confident that it will be high enough?

I'm honestly not that confident it will be high enough which is why I haven't applied yet. The card I am doing the BT on is a Discover IT. It has a balance of $1,413.24 with a $1,700 CL. I didn't want to transfer the full amount but that kinda defeats the purpose.

Thanks for the advice. I acutally recieved another offer for Citi Thank You Preferred with the same terms a week after the offer for the Diamond. lol When ever I go on their website though I don't get anything.

As of March 2016:
Equifax 735
TransUnion 702
Experian 731
Message 13 of 14
selena
Contributor

@keithB wrote:

@selena wrote:

@Irisa wrote:

Thats what I was thinking of doing and just transfer my CL to my Freedom.

Oh, that's different!!!!!

I read right over the Freedom.... I'm sorry.  The Sencond card with Chase is suppose to be the larger CL so please ignor my reccomending Citi.  My apologies for mucking up your thread Smiley Surprised

Its ok your just trying to help Smiley Very Happy

As of March 2016:
Equifax 735
TransUnion 702
Experian 731
Message 14 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.