Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BT to NFCU

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

BT to NFCU

Can I write a check to myself from my CLOC and then VT to my Citi card?
Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: BT to NFCU

@Anonymous wrote:
Can I write a check to myself from my CLOC and then VT to my Citi card?

If you write a check to yourself from your NFCU CLOC, you cannot deposit the check into the same NFCU checking account.  You can only deposit the check into a different checking account and then you can use your Citi card for a BT.  However, I'm not sure what the point of doing that would be because Citi allows you to do a BT directly into your checking account so that's a more direct route.

Edit-are you trying to pay off a Citi card?  hard to understand from your post

Message 2 of 13
Method2Madness
Regular Contributor

Hypothetically, if there's a zero balance in your NFCU checking account you could just write a check straight to Citi and it will pull from the CLOC. I've never tried it though.

Total Available Credit: $145,950   ||Feb 2018||EQ08-705||EX08-728||TU08-741||

Message 3 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Both have a $0 balance. I want to write a check from my LOC and deposit it to a non NFCU card, then Move it to Citi.
The only option to BT Citi says card to card, not BT to bank?
Message 4 of 13
Method2Madness
Regular Contributor

Theroetically, that should work. Not saying it's necessarily a good idea, but it *should* work.

But if you're going to go this route, why not just write a check directly to Citi and skip the middle man (card)?

Total Available Credit: $145,950   ||Feb 2018||EQ08-705||EX08-728||TU08-741||

Message 5 of 13
MyDataMyChoice
Valued Contributor

Ask for CLOC checks...

Message 6 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

I was told by Navy Federal that the transfer would not be complete until Tuesday or Wednesday. I just want to write a check for myself from Navy Federal and that your line of credit for around four or $5000, then within three days I want to balance transfer it to my card from Citi that is 0% for six months!
Message 7 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymouswrote:
I was told by Navy Federal that the transfer would not be complete until Tuesday or Wednesday. I just want to write a check for myself from Navy Federal and that your line of credit for around four or $5000, then within three days I want to balance transfer it to my card from Citi that is 0% for six months!

And deposit the NFCU CLOC check where?  It can’t be to your NFCU account. Not likely that any BT from Citi to NFCU will be processed in 3 days.  More like 10-14 days or longer.  BTs just don’t happen that fast.  Remember you are going to accrue interest on the CLOC check right away. 

Message 8 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Do you have a Navy credit card?

You can balance transfer a cash advance from it into your Navy savings or checking, then BT the Navy CC to Citi @ 0%.

Message 9 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymouswrote:

Do you have a Navy credit card?

@Anonymous can balance transfer a cash advance from it into your Navy savings or checking, then BT the Navy CC to Citi @ 0%.

Huh?  OP is talking about the CLOC, not a CC.  You can’t just transfer money from the CLOC to your checking or savings

Message 10 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.