Did you mean: 

BT w/Checks made out to SELF

tag
lhcole77
Valued Contributor

Re: BT w/Checks made out to SELF

@longtimelurker wrote:

So, who doesn't allow it!

Well, I got an offer in the mail from US Bank and, if I read their terms correctly, they do not offer it.

Follow up: When a person gets a CC that has BT offers as part of the sign up is it standard to have checks sent to us in the mail? My Citi card was the first time I've done this and they sent checks along with my card.

Message 11 of 21
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@lhcole77 wrote:

@longtimelurker wrote:

Well, I got an offer in the mail from US Bank and, if I read their terms correctly, they do not offer it.

Follow up: When a person gets a CC that has BT offers as part of the sign up is it standard to have checks sent to us in the mail? My Citi card was the first time I've done this and they sent checks along with my card.

I think it depends and varies by lender and product.  IIRC, I know Barclays did for me on the last CC I obtained over a year ago (never used the offer though).  However, OCCU Beaver CC did not, although the BT promotional offer was available.

Message 12 of 21
Smug
Established Contributor

PSECU
Experian® 808/Equifax® ?/TransUnion® 810
Baddies Experian® clean/Equifax® 1/TransUnion® Clean
Last CLI 6-13-2013
Total Credit $121,190.00
Goal 780!
Message 13 of 21
Boragard
Established Contributor

@SunriseEarth wrote:

Cap One does, too, IIRC. 

What is IIRC?

Message 14 of 21
gmason
Contributor

@lhcole77 wrote:

@longtimelurker wrote:

US Bank letter usually says you can write check to yourself in ones I've received. But the terms are usually expensive: 4% fee and then 2.99% for 12 months.

Barclay gives a lot better terms.

USAA provided checks and I deposited one to my checking account when I got my USAA card last July.

Message 15 of 21
Stralem
Established Contributor

Barclaybank also spams my mailbox with actual transfer checks every two weeks. I wish they'd stop.

My paper shredder is on its last legs. Smiley Sad

I Have Way Too Many of These.

American Express - No CLI or Appreciation Gift in 7 Years

Citibank - Handing Out Credit Limits Like Candy

Chase - Surprisingly, Still Tolerating My Credit-Chasing Ways

Bank of America - My Newest Bae.

Everyone Else.
Message 16 of 21
myjourney
Super Contributor

@Boragard wrote:

@SunriseEarth wrote:

Cap One does, too, IIRC. 

What is IIRC?

If I remember correctly

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 17 of 21
gmason
Contributor

@SunriseEarth wrote:

Cap One does, too, IIRC. 

CapOne is odd for me. I have a mostly unused cash rewards (now quicksilver) account with $7500 limit and practically no charges for months. It's my oldest account and I hate to neglect the account, but just don't need it for anything. If they would offer me a 0% BT, I'd probably shift something over to it. Don't want to hijack the thread, but is anybody getting 0% BT offers from CapOne these days? I check for them periodically, but no offers in last 6 months.

Message 18 of 21
djc1puno
Valued Contributor

@Boragard wrote:

@SunriseEarth wrote:

Cap One does, too, IIRC. 

What is IIRC?

IIRC = If I Remember Correctly  Smiley Happy

GARDEN GOAL: MARCH 2014
LAST APP: 08/20/2013
---=[NORTHBOUND]=---
Message 19 of 21
SwampSystems
Frequent Contributor

Chase now caps their balance transfer checks to $5,000 if you write them out to yourself, regardless of your credit access line. It caught me off guard because I've written them for much higher in the past without issue.

Message 20 of 21
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.