Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BT went through after I paid card

tag
compassion101
Established Contributor

BT went through after I paid card

The short story is my wife got a new BOA card and we wanted to transfer a balance to our arrival. We transferred 1750 but it was taking too long to go through and I paid the card off (we are going for a mortgage in my name only and didn't want the balance to report to my Arrival, the BOA is under her name). In the meantime the BT has shown up on the Arrival and I am reporting a negative balance of 1350 (after some other expenses). Probably will not be using the Arrival much the next couple of months though. Would it be an issue to ask for a check from them for the balance? I'm worried they might think I'm trying to skirt around a cash advance fee or something (which I am not) and flag me based on the BT followed by check request.

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Skye12329
Valued Contributor

Re: BT went through after I paid card

I haven't really experienced this first hand but I think they mail a check out automatically. I could be wrong.
BK7 - 2/21
Cap1 QS - 2k (4/21)
Mission Lane - 4k (11/21)
Venmo - 900 (11/21)
SavorOne - 2500 (12/21)
VentureOne - 2000 (7/22)
Message 2 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

This -Would it be an issue to ask for a check from them for the balance? I'm worried they might think I'm trying to skirt around a cash advance fee or something (which I am not) and flag me based on the BT followed by check request.

No, it will not be an issue to request a check.  As a matter of fact, after a while they will just send you a check without you requesting it.  Also, you have nothing to worry about if you request a check.  Don't over think it.  Just call and get your money back-

Message 3 of 7
jsucool76
Super Contributor

Yeah if you don't request one and don't use the card they'll just send you one, so you might as well just ask for it.

I had a - 4$ balance on my BoA card from a boa cash back deal and it was there for like 2 months then they sent a check.
Message 4 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Call and ask, or send them a SM. Auto checks take 60-90 days typically. I think Barclay has a ten day hold if you request to make sure they payment, in you case BT, clears.

Message 5 of 7
taxi818
Super Contributor

Agreed like others. They will send you check. I just got a check for a whopping $1.61 it's in my hand. Will deposit it later today. 

Message 6 of 7
compassion101
Established Contributor

I've had checks sent to me before for small amounts after they have sat for a couple months but knew that you could call to request a check. I was just concerned about it seeming sketchy to Barclays but doesn't esem anyone else thinks that is something to worry about so I'll just request it.

Thanks all for the responses!

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.