Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BYE BYE to First Premier and Credit One

tag
6speed8
Regular Contributor

BYE BYE to First Premier and Credit One

May 2015 Just before discharge, I got a First Premier $300 card, $300 Credit One card increased by them to $500 after 2 months, and a Capital One Platinum for $500. All unsecured. In June after discharge, I got a Quick Silver at $750. By December, Platinum was up to $2500 and Quick Silver to $3000. First Extortion and Credit One remain the same. I opened a $500 Master Card with Texas Trust Credit Union last month and transferred the $239 FP balance to it but forgot about a couple of reoccurring payments to it. Those are done. This morning I paid the $110 balance and the $410 on Credit One. Once the payments post tomorrow, I'm closing both. My total credit lines are $6800 with them and will drop to $6000 once they're closed. Quick Silver has $1400 on it and Platinum will be $0 tomorrow as well. Hoping to combine the two credit limits into the Quick Silver. We'll see what they say about that tomorrow. Once I see my checking account balance tomorrow after all payments post, I may hit the Quick Silver with another $500. I also plan on a $200 payment to TTCU on my way to the dentist this morning for the final phase of my $1200 root canal/crown. If all goes as planned, by this time Friday, I'll have a total credit card balance of $1050.

I figured now is the time to close FP and Cr One since they're all the same age.The Platinum is a few days younger and the QS a month younger. It shouldn't hurt my "length of credit history" much or for long.

CH 7 Discharged 6/10/15
T/U - 643
EQ - 588
Ex - 647 as of 6/14/15
Message 1 of 1
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.