Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Babies R Us Card?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Babies R Us Card?

@Justrebuilding wrote:

They offer 15% off the day you open the card which is nice because I am due in Oct so we have a couple of big things left to buy.

They also do double reward points when you get the card which then translates into gift cards. I also have a 7 yr old so I can use it at Toys R Us as well, which also does a price match.

But the primary reason I want it is because every Thursday is 10% off when you use the credit card. Since they price match Amazon, Walmart, Target, etc that extra 10% off is going to save me quite a bit on diapers and other stuff I'll need for for a new baby throughout the year. None of my current cards can beat that rate. 

You cannot price match and get the 10% off Thursday. It will be either one or the other.

Message 11 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

Effectively on a Thursday, this card yields 10% off your purchase plus you get 8% back in rewards points.

Message 12 of 16
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

@Justrebuilding wrote:
He has a student loan and car loan now. Wouldn't these count as installment loans? I am hoping he can get a Navy Fed card and this Babies R Us, and just let those grow four awhile. Maybe a Cap One though I'd rather avoid the triple pull.

Yep those count as installment loans so you are set there.

Message 13 of 16
Justrebuilding
Regular Contributor

Hmm I did not read that about not price matching in the T&Cs online. I will have to check on that. 10% off is good but not necessarily worth it to me if I can't price match because they are usually higher than places I would normally shop. Did someone tell you that in store?

10% OFF THURSDAYS: Offer valid in-store only and subject to credit approval. 10% off your single receipt in store purchase of in-stock merchandise charged to your "R"Us Credit Card on Thursdays through 10/5/17. Excludes Gift Cards, laptops, netbooks, tablets, video game hardware, American Girl Truly Me, American Girl Wellie Wishers, Apple iPad & iPod, Build-A-Bear, Claire’s, Converse Clothing & Shoes, Itzy Ritzy Shoes, LEGO Hard To Find, Nike apparel, Ugg Shoes, SquareTrade Protection Plans, phone orders, Special Orders, all fees, and shipping. Not valid on prior purchases. Cannot be combined with 15% off account opening coupon. Offer is subject to change. Value is forfeited if item is returned. See a Team Member for details.

Chase Sapphire Reserve 10k Cap 1 QS 15K, Cap 1 QS 5K, Cap 1 QS 4K, Cap 1 QS 4K, GE Care Cr 7K NFCU Cash Rewards 10K Walmart 1.3K NavCheck 5K Freedom 6K Freedom 2.5K Hyatt 4K Sallie Mae 5K Barclay Rewards 3K Macy's 1K
US Airways 1.5K, Discover 8K,
Message 14 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Justrebuilding wrote:
Hmm I did not read that about not price matching in the T&Cs online. I will have to check on that. 10% off is good but not necessarily worth it to me if I can't price match because they are usually higher than places I would normally shop. Did someone tell you that in store?

10% OFF THURSDAYS: Offer valid in-store only and subject to credit approval. 10% off your single receipt in store purchase of in-stock merchandise charged to your "R"Us Credit Card on Thursdays through 10/5/17. Excludes Gift Cards, laptops, netbooks, tablets, video game hardware, American Girl Truly Me, American Girl Wellie Wishers, Apple iPad & iPod, Build-A-Bear, Claire’s, Converse Clothing & Shoes, Itzy Ritzy Shoes, LEGO Hard To Find, Nike apparel, Ugg Shoes, SquareTrade Protection Plans, phone orders, Special Orders, all fees, and shipping. Not valid on prior purchases. Cannot be combined with 15% off account opening coupon. Offer is subject to change. Value is forfeited if item is returned. See a Team Member for details.

I have a part time gig that I have had there for 18 years. Smiley Wink

Message 15 of 16
Justrebuilding
Regular Contributor

Got it, thx for the heads up!

Chase Sapphire Reserve 10k Cap 1 QS 15K, Cap 1 QS 5K, Cap 1 QS 4K, Cap 1 QS 4K, GE Care Cr 7K NFCU Cash Rewards 10K Walmart 1.3K NavCheck 5K Freedom 6K Freedom 2.5K Hyatt 4K Sallie Mae 5K Barclay Rewards 3K Macy's 1K
US Airways 1.5K, Discover 8K,
Message 16 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.