Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Baby Credit Limit Hell!!!! HELP PLZ

tag
j_gizibe
Established Member

Re: Baby Credit Limit Hell!!!! HELP PLZ

Wow! Thanks, everybody for all your feedback!

As far as my whole credit report, yeah I don't have anything bad... well, recently. LOL Back in 2008 I had a Progressive collection for $100 that I paid off immediately (I was young and foolishly thought I didn't have to pay it since I'd cancelled the insurance) but that was only posted to my TransUnion.

Two of the installment loans I got a long time ago didn't report to Experian so I guess that's why it's so low. The only baddie reported to Experian is the old medical. The medical also reported to TU, but since it has more positive credit reporting, I guess that's why the score is better.

I haven't tried the CL increase on Cap One. I tried a long time ago and they automatically declined me Smiley Sad I guess I've been so pessimistic since ppl with higher scores and better limits have still been unable to, but it's worth a try! That, or I guess I will have to close them or something...

Starting Score: 2/14 EX 619 EQ 679 TU 660 (all from myfico)
Current Score: 6/15 TU 671 (Discover) EQ 665 (Citi)

Chase Freedom $2,200 | BOA Cash Rewards $1,500 | Discover IT $7,500 | Citi Diamond Preferred $2,750 | Citi DoubleCash $1200 |Amex BCE $1,000 | Amazon Store Card $1,300 | Capital One QS1 $1,250| QS1 $1,250 | QS1 $1,250 | Care Credit $1,000 | Bill Me Later $840 |
Mercedes Benz Financial Car Loan - 2011 C300 - $524.33/Monthly 60 Month Loan 1.99% APR
Message 11 of 16
notfancy
Valued Contributor

@j_gizibe wrote:

I currently have balances reporting, but I've already paid them off. Just not in time for them to report and update my score. Currently my credit report thinks I owe $1500 but in all actuality, I only have a balance of $250 on one card (with a $500 limit). My combined credit limits is $3460 (with my newly added Amazon card). 

That is part of the problem. The computers approving you, or any one else only sees that snapshot in time so you looked probably close to maxed out. If you don't count your Amazon card (as it is probably not reporting yet) you were probably looking quite maxed out on individual cards, and also getting a second ding for having your total UTL at 52%.

Coldnmn posted very good advice for where you want your credit reporting to be to increase your scores and have the best chances of approval. Try to get that one card to post about $40 instead of $250 if you can.

625 EQ FICO Current Score: 660 DCU EQ FICO/ 645 Scorewatch EQ FICO , EX FICO 664, TU FICO 737 (08/2014)
Goal Score: 700   Seedling again as of 07/29/14
Message 12 of 16
notfancy
Valued Contributor

@j_gizibe wrote:

Wow! Thanks, everybody for all your feedback!

As far as my whole credit report, yeah I don't have anything bad... well, recently. LOL Back in 2008 I had a Progressive collection for $100 that I paid off immediately (I was young and foolishly thought I didn't have to pay it since I'd cancelled the insurance) but that was only posted to my TransUnion.

Two of the installment loans I got a long time ago didn't report to Experian so I guess that's why it's so low. The only baddie reported to Experian is the old medical. The medical also reported to TU, but since it has more positive credit reporting, I guess that's why the score is better.

I haven't tried the CL increase on Cap One. I tried a long time ago and they automatically declined me Smiley Sad I guess I've been so pessimistic since ppl with higher scores and better limits have still been unable to, but it's worth a try! That, or I guess I will have to close them or something...

No- don't close them.

Get your balances in order. Make sure they are all posting a 0 balance, and only one card is posting a balance of 9% or less of it's total limit (but not 0) then come back here, and I'll give you the Cap One EO's email address  and some advice on how to get a bit more out of them. I hope to hear from you next month once all of those things post favorably!

625 EQ FICO Current Score: 660 DCU EQ FICO/ 645 Scorewatch EQ FICO , EX FICO 664, TU FICO 737 (08/2014)
Message 13 of 16
j_gizibe
Established Member

*hugs* Thank you, thank you! I surely will do all that y'all have told me!

I will be paying the $250 when I get paid on the 28th, but I will do as you suggested and pay it down to $45 or so. Next month around this time I will order another report and see how I'm looking. Thanks again! And @notfancy, I will definitely be in touch! I started searching the other forums and saw, just as everyone previously stated, that a lot of folks were having a good experience with contacting the EO. Oooh, I'm getting so excited just thinking about it, but now I'm nervous thinking about how much to ask for. LOL

Starting Score: 2/14 EX 619 EQ 679 TU 660 (all from myfico)
Current Score: 6/15 TU 671 (Discover) EQ 665 (Citi)

Chase Freedom $2,200 | BOA Cash Rewards $1,500 | Discover IT $7,500 | Citi Diamond Preferred $2,750 | Citi DoubleCash $1200 |Amex BCE $1,000 | Amazon Store Card $1,300 | Capital One QS1 $1,250| QS1 $1,250 | QS1 $1,250 | Care Credit $1,000 | Bill Me Later $840 |
Mercedes Benz Financial Car Loan - 2011 C300 - $524.33/Monthly 60 Month Loan 1.99% APR
Message 14 of 16
notfancy
Valued Contributor

@j_gizibe wrote:

*hugs* Thank you, thank you! I surely will do all that y'all have told me!

@I will be paying the $250 when I get paid on the 28th, but I will do as you suggested and pay it down to $45 or so. Next month around this time I will order another report and see how I'm looking. Thanks again! And @notfancy, I will definitely be in touch! I started searching the other forums and saw, just as everyone previously stated, that a lot of folks were having a good experience with contacting the EO. Oooh, I'm getting so excited just thinking about it, but now I'm nervous thinking about how much to ask for. LOL

I'll be happy to help you.

If you'd like go to creditkarma.com, credit.com, quizzle, and creditsesame.com

The score are junk and they are sometimes buggy BUT they can offer you free snap shots of the info on your credit reports that can help you... if you know that all of your payments reported to your credit bureaus (and these would tell you that this has happened) that is really all you need to see before contacting Cap One. It could save you a few bucks on buying a FICO score...

Now if you want to buy one just to see how the new reporting has increased your scores, well that is another  matter and I wouldn't blame you! Good luck, and I look forward to helping you out next month!

Message 15 of 16
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Don't wait for what can be done now.

credit solutions can be called monthly if they say no this month because high util and you fix it next month, ask for you amazon to be cli to$2500.

email cap1 exec office and ask for both cards to be converted to quicksilver and cli up to at least $2k each.

carecredit will cost you hp but if you have had it at least 6 months might be worth it, ask for $15k, system will counter!

my partner went from $800 to $12k!!!

next month cli BofA to $5k, they will counter

Message 16 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.