cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Back Door Numbers

tag
CastilloMom

Back Door Numbers

Ok, now I understand the reason for calling a Back Door Number. Wish I would've known that before I asked for CLIs on all of my cards this past week. BOA and two of my HBSC cards approved me for CLIs but none of my other companies did, namely Cap1 and Chase. If I call again on Mon. would they do another hard pull or should I wait a while? I really don't want any more inquiries on my CR for at least a year.
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Back Door Numbers

CastilloMom wrote:
Ok, now I understand the reason for calling a Back Door Number. Wish I would've known that before I asked for CLIs on all of my cards this past week. BOA and two of my HBSC cards approved me for CLIs but none of my other companies did, namely Cap1 and Chase. If I call again on Mon. would they do another hard pull or should I wait a while? I really don't want any more inquiries on my CR for at least a year.

Cap1 doesn't pull a hard inquiry for CLI.

Chase, however, always pulls a hard inquiry for CLI.  If you just called a frontline CSR and requested a CLI and were denied, you can be sure they pulled a hard.  If you call the backdoor number on Monday, you can be sure they'll pull another one.

Message 2 of 3
CastilloMom

Re: Back Door Numbers

Yeah, I just ran my CR and the inquiry from Chase appeared. Darn, I should've done a little more research before requesting the CLI from them. Oh well, I'll call Cap1 on Mon. I'm hoping my score doesn't take too much of a hit from the hard pull. But then again I might be ok with the CLIs from the other 3 cards which would've lowered my util. I haven't gotten my Amex card in the mail yet and I'm already paranoid about any decreases in my FICO score. Message Edited by CastilloMom on 07-26-2008 11:37 PM

Message Edited by CastilloMom on 07-26-2008 11:38 PM
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.